Next was Olive. She started to run from me because she knew! SHE KNEW. The thing I've learned is the more I run the more she runs, so I walked slowly over to her, gave her a friendly pet, and bam grabbed her and imprisoned her into the carrier. They are both pretty chunky so lugging them out to the car and then into the vet about killed me. I got more cardio-wise in those few minutes than going to the gym for an hour. I'm kidding. Kind of.
Their appointment was late in the day because it's easier for me with work but it meant that the place was hopping with all the spay and neuter pick ups. It was so fun to see all the different cats and dogs come and go. There were even two cats being carted around in a double stroller. I, of course, judged this at first thinking "how ridiculous" but since I was still out of breath lugging my little hefty furballs around I changed my thinking to "how fucking genius". Some kids came in and started looking into Cheeto and Olive's carriers. I watched them like a hawk. I just didn't want them to stress out my cats even more than they already were. Thankfully I was just overreacting because they only looked and didn't try and touch.
Finally it was their turn. Both the vet and vet tech were in there the whole time. They told me to let Cheeto out as they were still setting up. He immediately ran to the window (which went to the floor) and started meowing like a crazy cat. Poor bud. He weighed in at 22 lbs. He's basically two cats. He was 19 last time we were there so he definitely put on a few. The vet told me he needs to lose those few. Dustin and I give them both treats every day which is totally on us. I asked her how many treats he can have. "None" she replied. WTF? I mean, I want him to be healthy but no treats sounds miserable. She said we can use their regular kibble as treats. (She was right. They will eat them like treats. She's the doctor. I'm just the idiot cat owner.) She also said to limit their food, so I made a few modifications to their automatic cat feeder. We play with them quite a bit but this is even more reason to get them active each night. Other than that he is completely healthy. He purred the whole time they felt his muscles and stuck things in his ears. He did good. Olive on the other hand is always my problem child at the vet. She hisses up a storm but she's definitely more hiss than bite. She also gained weight (only a pound) but they said she needed to lose it. So basically we're all on a damn diet in this house. It could be worse though. I'm so thankful these little kittiots are healthy. They also got a shot each (3 year rabies) and they took it much better than I would. Champs. My little fur champs.
In other Maffioli cat news we bought them their first cat condo. We didn't go into this decision lightly. We legit would search all of amazon for the best one in our price range and then read the reviews. Ha! I was so pumped when it finally showed up. Of course I was at work so I asked Dustin to send me all of the snaps. They were a little unsure about it at first. I had to play with them with their favorite toy around it for them to become interested. But in the past week or so they've really started to enjoy it. Poor Cheeto barely fits but he makes it work. Next time we order one I'll make sure it's a little more roomier. Ha!
I absolutely HATE when videos on cell phones are filmed the wrong way (aka vertical) just like in the videos below. The ONLY reason mine look this way is because they were originally from SnapChat and I wanted to keep them. So yeah, it looks dumb and it's driving me nuts but just focus on the cute kitties.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.