Wednesday, July 5, 2017

4 Days for the 4th

I was lucky enough to have both Monday and Tuesday off work in honor of Indenpendence Day. I haven't had a 4 day weekend with no plans since maybe, Thanksgiving, so I was all about it. I made a check list of things I wanted to accomplish with all my free time. You know, important activities like watching TV and reading and what not.

IMG_3687 IMG_3722

  • Grocery shopping - Dustin and I knocked that out Friday night. 
  • Finish Kimmy Schmidt - Check! Hashbrown no filter. I love that show. Titus Andromedon is one of the funniest characters ever. Maya Rudolph as Dionne Warwick was everything.  Also you can't beat all of the pop culture references they throw in there. 
  • Finish The Handmaid's Tale book - I've been meaning to read this forever but since the TV show came out on Hulu recently it gave me the added push to get it knocked out. It was good and oh so scary. But good. 
  • Start The Handmaid's Tale show - Not only did I start it but I binged that sucker. I couldn't stop watching it and was done within 24 hours. It's very rare that I recommend a movie/show over the book but this is a rare exception. The show gives so much more detail where the book can't because it's strictly from Offred's point of view. Also I read on wikipedia that season 2 is being filmed this fall with a release in 2018.
  • Trim my bush - The bush in our front yard grows so damn fast and at a certain point just gets wild and out of control. Not only is trimming this an amazing arm workout but it's oddly satisfying. You could barely see our 'Let's Go Pens' sign before and now all of the neighborhood knows we root for Pittsburgh. They might have also figured that out by the stickers on our cars and Dustin's constant Pittsburgh t-shirts but STILL. 
  • Work out all 4 days I'm off - Totally did this! I even went to the gym when I wasn't feeling good which I'm not sure is commendable or just plain stupid. I only walked on the treadmill because I didn't want to push it but I was determined to meet my goal.
  • Watch 4 new movies - I failed. I only watched two - Power Rangers (which was surprisingly good) and Moana (which was surprisingly boring).
  • Move succulent - The succulent at my office was growing too big for it's pot and window sill so I brought it home and repotted it. I also bought a smaller succulent to bring back to work. I don't know what it is with my work window sill but every succulent I've had there flourishes. 
  • Hardcore clean my house - Ehh. I cleaned for sure but I didn't get to the hardcore part. Maybe I'll try again this weekend. 
  • Take 2-3 naps. Napping is one of my best talents and I aced this one with flying colors. 
  • Watch lots of Roseanne - Dustin and I are just about to finish up season 3!
  • Listen to at least 2 episodes of My Favorite Murder Podcast - I listened to 3 so totally killed it. I'm on episode 23 or something so I have a long way to go before I get caught up. 
IMG_3677
IMG_3686
IMG_3692' IMG_3723

Things I accomplished that were not on my checklist:
  • Save a turtle - One day while driving to the gym I noticed something scurry to the middle of the road but I passed it too quickly so I turned around. Turns out it was a baby turtle and he had made it across the road just fine except he couldn't hop the curb. So I picked him up and placed him in the grass. 
  • Start a new book - I am currently reading Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine which is apparently "soon to be a major motion picture produced by Reese Witherspoon". Who knew? 
  • Get a sinus infection - On Monday night my nose started to run. By Tuesday both nostrils were 100% congested. The 4th was a miserable day of laying in bed not being able to get comfortable or sleep. I had body aches into the evening. I had a slight temporary fever. All of this was happening while Cheeto was burrowing his way up my ass to safety while the fireworks were going off. The four of us did not get any sleep. I got into see my doctor today and got some meds for a sinus infection. I can breathe slightly better which I'll take. My head is still pretty fuzzy but I'm better. 
  • Binge GLOW - This show is so great. You don't even have to love wrestling or the 80s to appreciate it but if you do it certainly helps. Alison Brie is perfection. I love how original and hilarious it was. Also each episode is only 30 min. so you can breeze through it fairly quickly. Dustin watched it on and off as he checked on me and would get all the references to the old wrestlers Rick Flair and Hulk Hogan and all the others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.