Saturday, September 9, 2017

Aunt Ashley (& Uncle Dustin)

Yeah, I'm going to be an aunt.
Aunt Ashley has a good ring to it, right?
Something about that double A!

This whole aunt business came as a complete shock since my brother is only 20 years old. Yes, he's 100% an adult but still so incredibly young and just starting out. That being said I'm ecstatic for him and his girlfriend Kaelin. I know they will be great parents to a little blonde baby girl. Ok, they don't even know the gender yet but I'm going with girl.

ALL. THE. WAY.

I don't really know why. Just instinct. I wasn't wrong with Aubrie, Kierce, or Addilyn so I'm kind of on a roll. Obviously it doesn't matter either way. But I'm calling it.

  IMG_4869IMG_5276

IMG_5278

We met up with them for lunch last weekend as an official congratulations meal. Cody tried to pay for all FOUR of our meals and I almost cried. I'm like NO NO NO. He literally whipped out his debit card so fast Dustin and I were confused. But then we totally got him when Dustin shoved $40 cash into the gift bag. SO THERE. We talked plans and logistics and everything baby. Kaelin hasn't been feeling well so that was a bummer. It's crazy to think that something the size of a blueberry can cause so much damn chaos. 

I got them this card which I find hysterical but also very realistic. Babies are little poop machines. There is no denying it. Sorry not sorry. I literally wrote a book inside spilling my guts. (DO DO DO YOU HAVE IT?) Dustin wrote this: "Congrats! Hope you're kid isn't a brat." HA! I mean, the emotion and poetry that went into that is on another level. 


I wanted to get them some kind of gift but it's a little hard when you don't know the sex yet. So I got them Sophie the Giraffe. This giraffe is everywhere. Every baby blogger I follow, every new celebrity mom, every one seems to have this little guy (or girl?). Sophie must be a girl. Whatever. The point is this giraffe teether is from France and fancy as fuck. Apparently it's been helping babies grow in those teefs for something like 40 years so yeah. Legit. Also she's super cute! And my niece or nephew will be spoiled by me forever because that's how I do. Also it's way easy to spoil kids when you don't have any of your own. It's a win for me because I don't have the responsibility of raising a person and a win for them because they get all the stuff. I mean I also plan on babysitting and spending time with the babe but you get what I'm trying to say. 




IMG_5531

Baby Salyers drops in April. 

April 11th to be exact (well nothing is ever exact when babies are involved but that's the due date)  which is also the night Katie and I go see Lorde. Also, Dustin's birthday is that month amongst others. 

Side note: Our buds Nicole and Blair are also expecting a new little Fiddy in April. Spring babies all around. Maybe Dust and I should adopt a kitten? Hint hint. 

April is going to be crazy in the best way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.