I came home a little early and changed into the shirts Katie and I purchased a couple months back. She arrived a little after 5pm. We took some pictures and then got on the road. Getting onto I-4 was hell because cars trying to turn kept blocking our lanes to go straight. It was pretty much just a dick move but whatever. We finally got on I-4 which surprisingly was moving along until about a mile before our exit. The original plan was to pick up Lauren and her friend who were also going to the concert and go grab food. But since we were running behind we decided to just meet at the restaurant. They suggested RusTeak in College Park. Katie and I had never been but we were game. It was such a cute place and perfect for a date or in our case a girls night out.
Three out of four of us got flatbreads and McKenzie got the lobster grilled cheese. My flatbread was the 'Country Picnic' which is BBQ (not only BBQ sauce but shaved ribeye). It was delicious! Towards the end of the meal I had to go to the bathroom. I walk to the back of the restaurant and turn right. I notice a urinal out of the corner of my eye and immediately think "DID I JUST GO IN THE WRONG BATHROOM?!". When I open the door back up I see "WOMEN" across from me. So yeah I totally just went right in there. I ran across the hall hoping no one saw. But just as I was closing the door to the stall I hear Lauren's voice "Did you just go into the men's restroom?" Dammit I was caught. What in the world is wrong with me? I was the only one who didn't even drink! I was red with embarrassment but I just laughed about it because it's really not that big of a deal. But I do feel like an idiot. Sigh.
We then drove to the Geico Garage which is attached to the arena. I had bought a parking space in advance because I'd figure it was the safest and easiest way to park. We got a spot on the first level and the girls jumped out. Katie was going through her purse so I could hold her license and debit card since I was bringing my purse. But then she couldn't find her debit card. She immediately thought she left it at the restaurant so she called them to find out. Sure enough they had it. They close at 11pm and I wasn't sure we'd be able to make it by then. I had off the following day so I suggested I could go down there and get it for her. But they told her it was policy she was the only one allowed to pick it up. So basically we either had to get there by 11pm that night or she'd have to drive all the way back to Orlando (from Deland) to pick it up. At least we knew where it was and it wasn't totally lost.
We all walked inside ready to enjoy the night. We could hear "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt as we walked along looking at shirts and getting beer. We all thought for sure that would be his closing song. Thankfully none of us were all that interested in seeing his set so it wasn't a big deal. Lauren and McKenzie had seats on the other side of the arena so we said bye and went our separate ways. By the time Katie and I sat down we saw about 1.5 James Blunt songs and he was done!
Ed Sheeran hit the stage at 8:30pm. Both Katie and I were excited for obvious reasons but also since it was early we still might have a shot to make it to the restaurant tonight. Ed opened with 'Castle on the Hill' which is one of my faves from his newest CD. He also performed my mom's favorite 'The A Team', 'Galway Girl', 'New Man ', 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' and of course 'Thinking Out Loud'. He played for almost 2 hours completely by himself. Just him and a loop pedal. No band. It was super impressive. There was one song he brought out his friend to play the keyboard but that was it. He's such a talented guy! Thanks Ed for such a memorable night.
It was just 10:30 when he finished and Katie and I ran out of the arena so we could get to this damn restaurant in time. We waited for Lauren and McKenzie and they, too, knew we were on a time crunch. The funniest part is no one remembered which level we were parked on. So we'd all go down the stairs look around and then go down the stairs again. It was the modern version of that Seinfeld episode. It would've been funnier had we not been in such a hurry. Finally we found my car and got the hell out of there.
We made it in time. Katie got her card back! We dropped off the girls and made it back to my house. All in all it was an eventful and fun as hell evening. 10/10 would recommend.















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.