Speaking of health related things I went to my annual dermatologist appointment (which I highly recommend you all start doing if you aren't already). Thankfully this time around nothing needed to be sliced off my body. My doctor did confirm I have eczema on my hands and recommended some different lotions and soaps and possibly a prescription if it persists. I've never had this issue before but noticed my hands having dry patches and cracks the last couple months. I was also reading that pollen can make eczema flare up which could explain a lot. Or this is just my body changing the older I get. One more annoying albeit minor thing to deal with.
Enjoying: My new ringtone for emails. I thought it would be hilarious to get the "You've Got Mail" ringtone for emails on my phone and let me just tell you - I was right. Every time I hear it I chuckle to myself and am reminded of simpler times when the internet meant AOL. Oh the little things!
Watching: Queer Eye is back with a third season and I have plowed through it within 24 hours. I only have one episode left which I'll probably watch after I'm done writing this blog. It's so fucking heartwarming that I cry during every damn episode. I just don't know how you can't? These 5 cool guys are helping people find their true selves again and it's just really powerful. It's more than a makeover show but I do enjoy a good appearance/home reveal!
The Umbrella Academy - Dustin and I watched this one together. It's based on a comic series and is totally it's own thing but it does give me Royal Tenenbaums meets X-Men vibes with a really great soundtrack thrown in. It definitely exceeded expectations and Dustin and I are already itching for a second season. Klaus and Number 5 totally made the whole show for me but it's a stealer cast from top to bottom. I mean, Mary J. Blige as a secret agent?! Okuuur.
PEN15 - Hulu is very "ehh" to me so I usually only get it for a month or two a year then cancel that shit quick. I of course love The Handsmaid's Tale but beyond that there usually isn't a whole lot of content I'm interested in on that platform. I saw Chrissy Teigen tweet about this show when it first came out last month and I immediately put it on my mental watch list until I got Hulu back. Well the time is now because I'm 4 episodes in and it is such a realistic take on my own late nineties middle school experience. I remember acting as dumb as Anna and Maya with my friends back then. The clothes, the dial-up, the coming of age as a woman bullshit is all so hilariously on point I keep screaming from the bedroom at Dustin to "watch this part!". The two stars of the show also created the show and based it loosely off their own middle school life...and are also 31 years old playing 7th graders. When I first read that I actually couldn't believe it because (and I do not mean to offend here) but they totally pass as seventh graders. I don't have the body any more for that and haven't since 1998 but they totally pull it off. It was such a mindfuck to read they were both actually 31. I just can't but I totally can AND WILL keep watching this gem of a show.
Russian Doll - Nadia (played by the brilliant Natasha Lyonne) dies on her birthday over and over and over. Think of a more modern Groundhogs Day focusing on mental health. It's unique and witty and so fucking enjoyable from start to finish. Also how badass is that bathroom? And of course oatmeal.
Every time it's someone's birthday I just hear Maxine say...and then I want to say it to that person but none of my friends have seen this show so it just becomes an inside joke between me and myself. Ha!
Captain Marvel - So I totally loved this movie. It's set in the 90s. There's an orange cat. AND most importantly a bad ass female cast lead by Brie Larsen herself. It's worth the hype for sure. We are so ready to see her kick more ass in End Game!
Listening to: The Umbrella Academy unofficial soundtrack which includes Tiffany and Hole. Very eclectic indeed.
The Drop Out - I started and finished this one in just a couple days thanks to Cristina's recommendation. It tells the rise and fall of Elizabeth Holmes. It's great if you want an interesting story about greed, lies, deceit. I knew bits and pieces of the story from seeing things in the news but I had no idea how crazy the story was and still is since it is ongoing. It was a nice break from my typical murder podcasts that I enjoy so much.
Over My Dead Body - Ok back to the murdercasts. Wondery just keeps churning out some really good podcasts and this one is no exception. This is the story of Wendi and Dan Markel that spans Florida. I had never heard about this until I started listening. I mean, it is Florida and how can one possibly keep track of all the crazy shit that happens in this state? One simply cannot. This is a real doozy though.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.