Sunday, April 21, 2019

Record Store Day 2019

If you don't know what Record Store Day is here are a few links to get you up to speed. 


Thrice announced they were releasing an EP called Deeper Wells which kind of is like a little brother to their Palms album. The catch was they were only releasing the EP on vinyl on RSD. So this alone got the wheels turning in Dustin's head about actually participating in RSD. We had been before but always later in the day once the crowds had ceased. 

We knew that the doors would open at 8 so we decided to leave our house around 6:30 AM on a damn Saturday. We got there about 10 minutes before 7 AM and found a place in line. And yes there was already quite the line that wrapped through the gas station next door to Park Ave. and into the elementary school next to that. It wasn't long before the sun came out and the heat started to melt us all. I ran back to my car to grab my hand dandy hat because fuck the sun. I don't want it on my skin or in my eyes. Waiting in the line was interesting. There were people from all walks of life aging from teenagers to much older than us. We were infant of some of the loudest 18 year olds on the planet. Their conversations were non stop and did I mention loud? It drained me and I wasn't even a part of their group! I mean, I get they were excited and just passing the time the best way they knew how but also I AM TRYING TO READ MY KINDLE. 

We inched along the line for hours. Finally we got to go inside around 10:30. Dustin and I hauled ass to the special RSD section and grabbed Deeper Wells since that was the one that was being limitedly released therefore this could be our only chance to purchase it. Once we had it in hand we browsed around the store with a little more leisure. We both managed to find a lot of other records we had been wanting to add to our collection at a discount. We walked out with our paper bags full of music and got the hell out of there. We were both starving and tired although we felt super accomplished.

Paramore - After Laughter
Romeo & Juliet Soundtrack
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be
Taylor Swift - 1989
Tegan and Sara - Love You To Death
Thrice - Deeper Wells
Thrice - Identity Crisis

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled



Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.