Thursday, April 11, 2019

The One Where Katie Turns 34

If there's ever an award ceremony for theme parties you better believe Katie is taking home every damn award they hand out. Girl knows how to throw a themed birthday party like nobody's business. It really does add such an extra touch of fun though so I am all about them. This year she went with a FRIENDS theme where she went as Rachel. I went as a modern version of Janice. A couple of her other friends came as Phoebe and Monica

We all met up at Stetson and walked to a gorgeous fountain on campus to take some recreated photos of the iconic FRIENDS opening credits. Katie brought the umbrella props and I have to say it turned out so good! 

We all walked back to our cars and drove to The Half Wall down the street to eat dinner. Katie is all about the details and I wasn't a bit surprised when she sprinkled FRIENDS themed confetti all over the table followed by cute little FRIENDS quotes on napkins. To top it all off she passed around FRIENDS pencils and a survey that we each filled out to see who knew her best. The answers were hilarious. Bob Saget. Jeremy Piven. Unshaved. Etc. It was a good time.

We then moved the party across the street to  Rewind Arcade & Bar. These "barcades" seem to be all the rage as of late and honestly, as someone who doesn't drink, I'm so here for it. This particular barcade had free games. No coins or payment of any kind. So we all scattered to a game and started mashing buttons and moving joysticks. One by one Katie's friend started to leave and eventually it was just the four of us. Katie and I danced to Cyndi Lauper and Madonna AND. HAD. A. BLAST. But then the songs kept getting more modern and the crowd a lot younger and soon we all kind of felt out of place. The clock struck midnight and we were all about to be pumpkins. Old pumpkins. But old pumpkins that had a good time. 

I'll be there for you...
...because you're there for me too. 

2018 - Golden Girls
2017 - Decades
2016 - Brunch (ok this one wasn't themed but it was still a good time!)
2015 - Savannah

So what's it going to be next year?

IMG_4174

IMG_4190

IMG_4178

IMG_4210

IMG_4215 IMG_4175
IMG_4217

IMG_4219 IMG_4224
IMG_4238 IMG_4243
IMG_4247 IMG_4250 IMG_4267

IMG_4252 IMG_4265 IMG_4256 IMG_4260 IMG_4266 IMG_4297

IMG_4301

IMG_4285 IMG_4327 IMG_4317 IMG_4320 IMG_4323

IMG_4339

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.