At the beginning of the month we celebrated Kayla and her baby Jaina (who has since been welcomed into the world). Phoebe did an amazing job putting together this baby shower at her home - from the sunflower decor to the game "Beer Belly or Baby Belly?" which was harder than you'd think. Ha!! It was nice seeing a lot of my lady relatives. It was a very rainy day and just getting to their property was a chore. I had to straddle the puddles on the dirt road. Then I had to park on a particular part of their yard so I didn't get stuck. Leaving was just as hard. Thankfully Bill guided me out without issue and promised he and Wyatt would come get me if I ended up getting stuck. Thankfully I made it out just fine. Me and my car are city folk. Clearly.
This past weekend was my cousin Bill aka "Little Bill's" birthday. Phoebe put together a surprise party for him at a country club. I was worried I'd miss the actual surprise part of the evening since I was celebrating Alyssa's birth the same night. But I was able to share some pretzels and conquistador aka Adam Driver laughs with Alyssa and then race over to scream "SURPRISE!" to my cousin since their dinner ran later than expected.
He was so cute and seemed so genuinely shocked and happy that we had all gathered to celebrate him. There was food and a Photo Booth area and dancing. I got down to the Macarena because DUH. It was such a good time and I'm glad I got to go. Happy 50th cuz!

























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.