FRIDAY: Dustin picked Cody up Friday afternoon. So when I walked in the door from work I found Dustin, Cody, and Pat all hanging out. Pat left to join Sam at Cowboys and the rest of us headed to the mall so I could return a couple things. I returned two shirts that were too big (and kind of plain) and in return found another that is pretty and girly (and perfect for work).
We came home and fired up the xbox360. Halo 3! Cody and I share a love for Halo so we play it almost ever time he comes over. We played from 8PM - 1AM. The last game was Team Crazy King - we won in the final seconds. We were high-fiving and screaming while Dustin looked at us like we lost our damn minds. By the time we all went to bed my head was hurting, my eyes were bloodshot but it was so worth it.
Cody (to Dustin) quote of the night: "Weren't you going to join a roller hockey team until you found out you couldn't skate?" I couldn't stop laughing. Dustin didn't find it as humorous.
Pat (to Cody) quote of the night: "You got tall."
Pat (to Cody) quote of the night: "You got tall."
SATURDAY: We dropped off Cody and headed to the Enzian to (finally) see Moonrise Kingdom.
Moonrise Kingdom was released back in May but none of the theaters in Orlando were showing it. Dustin and I were bummed but decided we would just buy it when it came out on DVD to add to our Wes Anderson collection. But then I found out that the Enzian would be playing it later on in June. I bought our tickets a week ago and we got to the Enzian 90 minutes before it even started. Dustin and sat under the moss filled trees and ordered the best flatbreads I've ever had. Sam and Pat came a little later and we all hung out until the line started to form inside. We waited for 20 minutes or so in line before making it inside to find a table. We ordered some drinks (& I ordered a bowl of vanilla ice-cream - um yeah, best theater ever). The movie was just as fantastic as I thought it would be. The cast was brilliant - I mean Bruce Willis! Ed Norton! and the great Bill Murray! The kids were amazing too. The scenery was gorgeous and the humor was in true Wes Anderson style.
I overheard a woman as we were leaving say "You can't fall in love at 12!" and it kind of made me mad. She sounded disgusted by the mere thought of it. Who's to say you can't? I'm a hopeless romantic through and through and although these kids had just barely reached puberty, they were both going through some shit. They were there for each other. And so what, they loved each other. Is that really such a bad thing?
Fave quotes:
Sam: I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about.
Lionel: You're a traitor to our family.
Suzy: Good. I want to be.
Sam: Why do you consider me your enemy?
Redford: Because your girlfriend stabbed me in the back with lefty scissors.
Sam: She's my wife now.
As soon as we got home, I climbed right into bed and took a nap. When I finally got up, Dustin and I watched 'Project X'. That movie is all kinds of cray. For real. It was pretty awesome though.
SUNDAY: Tropical Storm Debby is sitting along the west coast of Florida at the moment. I think I'm the only one happy about this. I mean, I'm not happy about potential dangerous weather but I certainly don't mind the rain. I prefer the rain over the hot hot sun any day. Plus, I got to wear my rain boots when I ran to the store just a little while ago. So a total win.
Moonrise Kingdom was released back in May but none of the theaters in Orlando were showing it. Dustin and I were bummed but decided we would just buy it when it came out on DVD to add to our Wes Anderson collection. But then I found out that the Enzian would be playing it later on in June. I bought our tickets a week ago and we got to the Enzian 90 minutes before it even started. Dustin and sat under the moss filled trees and ordered the best flatbreads I've ever had. Sam and Pat came a little later and we all hung out until the line started to form inside. We waited for 20 minutes or so in line before making it inside to find a table. We ordered some drinks (& I ordered a bowl of vanilla ice-cream - um yeah, best theater ever). The movie was just as fantastic as I thought it would be. The cast was brilliant - I mean Bruce Willis! Ed Norton! and the great Bill Murray! The kids were amazing too. The scenery was gorgeous and the humor was in true Wes Anderson style.
I overheard a woman as we were leaving say "You can't fall in love at 12!" and it kind of made me mad. She sounded disgusted by the mere thought of it. Who's to say you can't? I'm a hopeless romantic through and through and although these kids had just barely reached puberty, they were both going through some shit. They were there for each other. And so what, they loved each other. Is that really such a bad thing?
Fave quotes:
Sam: I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about.
Lionel: You're a traitor to our family.
Suzy: Good. I want to be.
Sam: Why do you consider me your enemy?
Redford: Because your girlfriend stabbed me in the back with lefty scissors.
Sam: She's my wife now.
As soon as we got home, I climbed right into bed and took a nap. When I finally got up, Dustin and I watched 'Project X'. That movie is all kinds of cray. For real. It was pretty awesome though.
SUNDAY: Tropical Storm Debby is sitting along the west coast of Florida at the moment. I think I'm the only one happy about this. I mean, I'm not happy about potential dangerous weather but I certainly don't mind the rain. I prefer the rain over the hot hot sun any day. Plus, I got to wear my rain boots when I ran to the store just a little while ago. So a total win.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.