
Yesterday, I got the text from Dustin that Pat had made it to Florida. I couldn't believe it. I mean it's a very long story and certainly not mine to tell but this whole move is five years in the making and I am just so excited about it. I think we can all agree that we weren't sure this day would ever come but it has! Fist pump, kick, scream, jump!
Dustin and I went over to Sam's to help them unload Pat's stuff. I will admit that I didn't really do much. I carried about 3 pieces of glass, then Dustin accidentally hit my thumb with some kind of metal pipe, and that was it for me. Wimp. I know. But Dustin helped Pat with all the heavy stuff and it all got taken care of so that's really all that matters.
And there we were, the four of us in
I mean to think that nine years ago I was going to college in Orlando, hanging out with friends (Sam being one of them) just living life. And Pat was also living in Orlando (for a brief time until returning to PC) going to a different college and not knowing either of us. And of course Dustin was back in PC but he would frequent Orlando quite often. I'm sure at some point we all crossed paths and never knew it. We weren't supposed to meet until the timing was just right.
Fate spun my world around and I met Katie at school, which not only lead to a great friendship, but eventually lead me to the guy I am married to. So crazy!
It's like one minute you don't know any of these people and the next you have these bonds, these serious meaningful relationships with people that were just strangers to you not so long ago. It's just kind of crazy to think about. I have always believed everything happens for a reason and it may not always go as planned but in the end the pieces start to fit together and make sense.I feel like this all makes sense right now. Sure, we've all four been through a lot to get to where we are and by no means are our journey's over, but it just feels right. I have been friends with Sam for twenty two years (yeah, we were in the same kindergarten class) and Dustin and Pat have been friends for sixteen years. Serious life long friendships here! And to think we are all four living in the same city for the first time ever. We all ended up here, in this moment of our lives - together. I know it won't always be like this. I'm not that naive. Things change, life happens. I get that. But I don't want to just take advantage of this situation, I want to be as present as possible throughout the whole experience.
Here's to friends - the family you choose. And also, to long distance relationships that beat the odds.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.