Thursday, June 21, 2012

Throwback Thursday

I've seen a lot of blogs do throwback features and twitter users with their fun hashtags (#throwbackthursday). I thought it would be fun to feature an old photo or old LJ post every Thursday.

The post that even got me thinking of doing this, is one I wrote in my LJ on 6/19/2009 about the summer.


missing out on summer

i really miss the summers where you live in the water.
that's how my summers used to be until the real world and it's responsibilities slapped me in the face.
i swam all day.
in the pool. in the sprinklers. springs. lake. & ocean.
i miss that feeling of not worrying about anything except which bathing suit i was going to wear.
getting a tan and burnt cheeks.
wrapping a huge, warm, dry towel around me and eating something off a grill.
oh and the shower after a good hard day of swimming was always the most refreshing.
summer just isn't the same when you're an "adult".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.