Watching: Friday Night Lights! I've been hearing for years how good this show was, so when I caught up on Mad Men I dove head first into FNL. And all those people were absolutely right. It's a really good show. I'm about halfway through the first season and loving every second of it. Also, I totally have a crush on Matt Saracen aka QB1. Sure most girls would typically go for Riggins (and he's cute too) but Saracen is where it's at.
I finally saw Silver Linings Playbook. I loved the book. LOVED. I sobbed through the book. The movie was good but it didn't leave me as emotional as the book did. They changed A LOT around for one thing which was kind of annoying to be honest. But the performance by Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were phenomenal. The movie was good by itself but in comparison to the book it wasn't as good as I had hoped.
Last night I watched The Impossible (a film about the 2004 tsunami) and OMG. OH MY GOD. I was a mess. This movie was so beautiful and tragic. I held my breath through so many scenes because I felt as if I were right there with them experiencing this horrific event. Such an amazing story. It's truly inspiring to see what lengths people will go to for the ones they love and the people they just met. Everyone should watch it.
Listening to: All of My Days - Alexi Murdoch
And I've been trying to find
What's been in my mind
As the days keep turning into night
Thinking about: Last night, Dustin and I were lying in bed, when I asked him if he ever feels like some people were a dream? It's just so weird when people are such a huge part of your life for so long and then all of a sudden they aren't anymore. It's almost like a dream. You have the memories but it feels like they never really existed. It's people that make life so hard sometimes but then again it's people that make life worth it too. It's just all so strange.
And tons of other shit.
Like always.
Over: Drinking water with EVERY meal and in-between meals. For the past seven days I have only drank water (still eating regularly) with the exception of one meal that I had yesterday at Chilis, where I enjoyed a cold refreshing glass of Dr. Pepper. I have tried doing this before but it didn't last as long. I started this again for overall health reasons and to shed some pounds. I have lost 2 lbs. It hasn't been that hard. I didn't keep any of my usual juice or soda in the house this past week and I never stop anywhere for drinks before or after work. So my only options were Dustin's Diet Mountain Dew (which I never touch) and tons of water. I did buy real lemons to add some flavor which helps a lot. Those pre-packaged look-alike lemon juices are awful though. Fresh lemon juice all the way! The thing that's kind of strange is all this water drinking has left me thirstier than ever. There have been days where I just can't seem to drink enough. Weird! I'm still not a fan of drinking water with meals especially breakfast! So gross to have cereal and a glass of water or eggs, bacon AND...water (like I did this morning). Juice juice juice! Dinner is easier but I still prefer soda (but only with food). So it's been fun and I'm sure the lack of all the sugar has helped my teeth amongst other things, but I'm over it. I'd like to drink more water (even though I already drink quite a bit) but I just can't cut juice and soda out permanently. I don't need coffee. I don't need alcohol. I really don't need tea. Just water, soda, and juice and I'm a happy girl. I can't believe I just wrote this much on water. What. A. Loser.
Planning: I still have a huge to-do list as far as our new(ish) place goes. Sew pillows for our guest bedroom. New shower curtains for both bathrooms. Patio furniture. Frame and hang more art. NEW BED. Flowers in pots! It's all kind of overwhelming but I just keep reminding myself one thing at a time. I'm just so anxious and impatient with it all. I want it all now. Ahh!
Eating: Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. It's pretty ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.