Erin got to my house around 8ish and between the two of us we had everything you need for a day at the beach. I borrowed Dustin's iHome portable speakers and his new cool cooler and packed it with water, gatorade and fruit. I also supplied gallons of sunscreen. Erin borrowed her sister's umbrella, chairs, and beach towel (which folds up into a bag! Kind of awesome). She also brought lemonade and chex mix. I braided the shit out of her hair and then we loaded everything into my car and were off!
We got there a little after 9 and were the only ones out except for a mom and a little girl. Just us and the ocean. We piled on the sunscreen. I don't have time or patience for a sunburn at this stage of my life. (Oh look, a glimpse at my 82 year old self.) I plugged the speakers into my iPhone and put on our very special Beach Mix. We both plopped down in our chairs and opened up our slushie lemonades and just took it all in. It was beautiful out. Warm, but not too hot (yet).
We had the time of our lives gossiping, playing frisbee/football, walking out into the water (it was pretty rough out), playing in the sand (Erin did not join me for this activity), dancing to our very poppy music, & sharing snacks.
After a few hours we decided to pack up all of our shit which seemed way harder than setting everything up. Also, I forgot how much fun walking in burning hot sand is. What a treat. Then we decided to take a little stroll along the beach, under the pier, and back to the car. It was probably one of the best days I've ever had at the beach. We are just so on the same page especially when it comes to organization and planning.
We headed over the bridge and inland for lunch. I took her to Highjacker's because I haven't been in years! My old boss used to take our office all of the time and it's always held good memories. Plus I missed the Tailwind Wrap. We headed straight for the restroom so we could wash our sandy faces and dirtball hands. We were kind of a mess but whatever. Erin got a burger that was just as big as her head. Ha! And my wrap was just as I had remembered. Mmm!
I suggested we get a treat for the ride home so we stopped at one of our favorite places - Target, for Starbucks. The girls who helped us were more concerned about their drama filled lives than actually ringing us up or making our drinks. Erin said something to them and stormed off. All I could do was laugh. Those girls were pretty awful. But hey, we got our drinks so whatever.
We spent the next hour jamming out and laughing really hard at the most random hilarious stories.
It was the best day.
Side Note: This was my very first beach trip with CONTACTS and it sure was eye opening. It was so nice to get to wear sunglasses! Also it was nice to not HAVE to wear glasses if I didn't want to. In the past, I have always just hung out in my glasses or went without them (blindly) and neither is ideal. Contacts for the win!














No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.