Monday, August 12, 2013

Currently

Watching: Welp, I did it. I finished 'Friday Night Lights' and there is a hole left in my heart. It wrapped up really well though which is something I always have anxiety about when a series comes to an end. I will miss Coach, Mrs. T, QB1, even Buddy! The cast and the realness of the characters were what helped make this so great. Yes it focused on high schoolers (and of course football) but it wasn't the typical teeny bopper kind of show. Also, the music! The music that they paired up with each episode for five seasons was incredible.  Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose! The Ultimate Coach Taylor Pep Talk.


I also just finished 'Orange is the New Black' (that new Netflix show). I watched it every day this week and last night I finished it. I had heard a lot of hype, from TV, friends, & bloggers, so I figured I would try it out. They were all spot on. It is a phenomenal show. It made me cry and laugh and never want to be in prison EVER. I love that the characters are real and flawed and fucked up. I love that just when you think you have them pegged, they surprise you. It's going to be a long year waiting for season 2!


 


Listening to: Sweater Weather - The Neighborhood - A few days ago Sam texted me a link to this song. Since then, I've downloaded it off iTunes and played it a 100 times. It's just so good. All I need now is actual sweater weather.

Recovering from: Sausage Toe. I got bit up when Erin and I went canoeing at the springs. I'm 99% sure my leg and ankle bites were from horse flies. I'm still not sure what got my toe. It was exactly one week ago that I was super itchy and uncomfortable. I even had to make a trip to Walmart in the middle of work because I was in desperate need of Benadryl. I even emailed photos to my old boss/co-workers to see what they thought. Michelle said my toe "looked angry". HAHA! She wasn't wrong. And Jennifer made me send her a new photo every day just to make sure it was getting better. It was extremely swollen, hence Dustin's pet name for it. I couldn't even bend it for a few days. I thought it might just fall off in my sleep. Today it is thankfully still attached to my foot and almost completely back to normal. What a difference a week can make!

Untitled Untitled
Death Star ice cube while watching Breaking Bad. // Why you should always put on bug spray.

Thinking about: How much shit is too much? Erin asked this question a couple of days ago while we discussed people in our lives who constantly disappoint us and I haven't been able to shake it. It keeps flipping around in my head like a fish out of water. I can forgive someone BUT only so many times. You can't be a shitty person continuiously and expect me to just let it go. Just accept you for who you are. No. Be better. Treat people better.

Reading: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - It's the second book in the Delirium series. It's not going great though. I LOVED Delirium so much but Pandemonium isn't doing it for me. I hate forcing myself to finish a book just to see how it all turns out or just because I spent money on it and I don't want it to go to waste. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Forcing myself to get through it. I like the books I can't put down. This is not one of those books. I am determined to finish it though and maybe even attempt the third one since I'm already this far along. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.