Outraged: That Ben Affleck is going to play Batman in the Superman sequel. Ok, I'm not really outraged but I don't like it one bit. The thing is I like Ben but not as Batman. And I like Batman but not so soon after the last franchise just wrapped up. Why can't a Superman sequel just be about...Superman? These comic/superhero movies are in a war with one another and don't seem to care about what the fans would want. I mean I'm still not happy about the new Spidey. Too soon. Tobey isn't even elderly yet, you know!
Impressed by: Erin came in my office while I was reaching in my purse for a tic tac, so I offered her one too. I tried to gently shake ONE out and about four poured into her hand. She gave me 2 back and then she wanted to try and throw the other one into the tiny tic tac container hole. I held up my tic tacs and she stepped back and took a shot. (In my mind I was thinking this is funny because there is no way she'll make it. First of all tic-tacs aren't even round. The hole is small. And it's just never going to happen!) And then the unthinkable...she made it. We were both so shocked that we just looked at each other wide eyed, mouths on the floor. Then we started cracking up. But it's like it never happpend because it wasn't caught on video. Damn!
Thinking about: How I feel old when I can't remember a word. Does this ever happen to anyone else? It'll be a simple, common regular ol' word and all of a sudden - poof, it's gone. It just vanishes out of my brain and then it feels like it's on the tip of my tongue. For example, today I couldn't for the life of me remember the word "overrated". I had to consult Google, Dustin and Erin (who finally figured it out for me). I mean all of that work just for one word. Those are the moments I feel old. Not when I'm celebrating my birthday. Not when I see a list about things the Class of 2017 never knew about. It's the times I can't remember ENGLISH.
Reading: I finished Pandemonium. I'll go into further detail next week but I will say it got much better. Slow start but ended strong. And now I'm already 25% (according to my trusty Kindle) into Requiem, the last in the trilogy. I'm loving the third one. So far there have been lots of surprises and I've got a feeling there will be lots more.
Watching: Sherlock! Dustin and I watched the first "episode" last night and within 10 minutes we were both asking each other back and forth "Are you loving this or what?" and then the other would respond "Hell yeah!" - HA. Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing. Has he won any awards for that series because he absolutely should!? I'm pretty sure the first time I saw him was when we saw Star Trek: Into Darkness where he played a deliciously fun villian (kind of like Tom Hiddleston as Loki). Anyway, back on topic - Sherlock rocks even though Dustin had to turn on the subtitles because he couldn't understand some of the characters accents which I thought was hilarious. The show is weird because each season has three 90 minute episodes but whatever floats their boat because we bloody love it.
Speaking of British TV, I tried Doctor Who and by tried I mean I couldn't even make it past the second episode. (Sorry, Sam!) It's hard to explain but it just doesn't do it for me. I wish it did. I'm typically down for all things British and nerd related. I can't win them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.