Thursday, August 8, 2013

Once Upon A Vine

Last Sunday afternoon I was laying in bed finishing up the last season of Friday Night Lights (which I plan to discuss in another post). But I was a little distracted. I couldn't help but look at the time every few minutes. Damn, it was only a little after 1 PM. Sigh. And then an hour five minutes later I'd press the top button on my phone. Nope! And again, until finally the clock struck 3 PM. This was the time that the Vine community was told that Jessi Smiles and Curtis Lepore were to finally meet. I paused FNL and went straight to Vine. Then I refreshed constantly for close to an hour for any little update on how the meeting went. I'm not ashamed by that last sentence just in case anyone thought I should be.

Why was I so excited for two complete strangers? Because it's cute. Because good for them. But also it felt so familiar. I know I talk about how Dustin and I met (and fell in love) a lot on here but it was one of the best damn days of my life. Also, this is my blog so...yeah!

Both Curtis and Jessi met on social media. (Dustin and I met via MySpace) 
They live in different cities. (So did we, although not nearly as far apart) 
And there was a lot of planning and anticipation for their first meeting (Yep, us too. On a much smaller scale of course!)

Get caught up with these cute vines:



I'm a romantic through and through. It's just who I am. I always want the guy to get the girl. I want the fairytale, not only for myself, but for everyone. Everyone deserves the butterflies in their stomach, permanent grin on their face, ("can't eat, can't sleep, reach-for-the-stars, over-the-fence, World series kind of stuff" - and yes I just quoted Kirstie Alley from 'It Takes Two'). I think because I am so happy in my own love life that I want that for everyone. It makes me happy to see others all giddy and excited! I can't imagine meeting for the first time in front of all of those people and cameras but I'm glad they did. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It made me think back to St. Patrick's Day of 2005 when I drove to Palm Coast to meet Dustin for the first time. That special night started to play back in my head so I just laid back in my bed, closed my eyes, and let those memories wash over me. 

So yeah, I'm super happy for Jessi and Curtis, two people I don't and won't ever know. 
That's the magic of the internet!

And now it seems like another Vine romance is brewing between Nick and Carly
I'm so excited I could just jump up and down and squeal. 

High five to being in like and/or in love and all of that shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.