Reading: Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin - I saw the preview for this movie when Dustin and I went to see 'About Time'. I downloaded the book right away on my Kindle. That was weeks ago. It's not that I haven't tried to read it. I have. It's either got a really slow start or is just boring. I'm 10% in and I just feel like the pace is not picking up which means I don't have the desire to keep picking it up. I would love to finish it but I may just have to put it on the back burner and download another one. Seriously disappointing so far!
Dustin and I have moved on to Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban (my favorite of the book series). My favorite time of day is when Dustin and I lay next to each other in bed, and I read all the magic that is HP.
Excited about: My new tattoo! It's almost a week old and I'm still mesmerized by it. It's a little dainty arrow on my wrist. It's not terribly original and it's extremely simple but sometimes those make for the best tattoos. I've already been asked by multiple people if my arrow is in honor of 'The Hunger Games'. Nope, it's not. Although I do enjoy the book/movie series, I'm not THAT into them to get a tattoo. It kind of stands for several things. One being - direction. We all need to go in our own direction and sometimes that ends up being the same direction as someone else but more times than not, it means crossing paths with someone and then going in the opposite direction. It's that whole "follow your own arrow" sentiment. Go down the path that's right for you. And also, to accept others need to do the same even if you don't understand it. The other reason is because I've read several quotes with the words "keep aiming". (Aim - having the intention of achieving.) It's my little reminder to keep striving for what I want. And not stopping until I get it. That's something I really need especially right now when certain things are so hard and I feel hopeless. Also, it's fucking cute and I like the simplicity. I'm not one of these people who HAS to get a tattoo that has meaning. My latest tattoo happens to mean something but I have several that I love that don't.
Watching: Almost Human - Dustin and I just started watching this new sci-fi show and we are loving it. It's produced by the one and only JJ Abrams (does this guy ever take a break?!). The show kind of reminds me of another Fox/JJ Abrams show - Fringe. Fringe ended last year so this helps fill that void. It's completely it's own show though. The series just started so if you're interested, it would be super easy to catch up real fast.
Turbo! Such a cute movie. And Jerry! Poor poor Jerry. HA!
We also watched The Walking Dead's mid-season finale on Sunday and OMG. So crazy and heartbreaking and yeah that's all I'm going to say.
Listening to: LORDE! I remember when Royals first came out and every one loved it. I had only heard about the song and singer because everyone was amazed that she had A. knocked Miley out of #1 and B. was only 16. I didn't think much of Royals at first. I didn't hate it but I didn't exactly love it either. But the more and more I heard it the more I liked it. So one day about a week ago, I was on iTunes and had the idea to check out her other songs with the plan to maybe buy one or two. Well, I ended up buying her whole damn CD. I haven't listened to anyone else since. Constant Lorde on repeat. It's one of the few CDs where I like every single song. Usually there's one or two (or more) that I skip over but hers is just perfection. She is so wise beyond her years in her lyrics and in general. Miley might be catchy but I like more substance to my songs than tweaking wrecking balls.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.