Listening to: Real Radio 104.1 Now I've listened to this channel on and off for years. I even remember my dad having The Philips Phile playing on the radio when he would pick me up and drive me to his house every other Friday in the 90s. I used to listen to the Monsters on the way to work when we lived in PC. Dustin always listens because he's driving around most of the day. He normally keeps me up to speed on anything interesting with all the shows. And he's the one who got me into Tom and Dan too (former Monsters). A couple months ago I just got sick of listening to Pandora at work so I downloaded the I Heart Radio app and started listening to 104.1 again. There are a few personalities I'm not really a fan of but overall I enjoy all three shows. The best part of the app is I can listen to past shows commercial free so it's been fun to listen to at the gym too!
And as far as music goes I stumbled upon Lorde's version of 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' (which is brilliant) thanks to Dustin. I swear he introduces me to everything cool. He showed me the new Assassin's Creed Unity trailer which is great in itself but with the song it's even better. I came to find out it was originally on The Hunger Game soundtrack. How did I just now hear it? Oh well. It's still bad ass.
Reading: I just finished reading 'An Abundance of Katherines' by John Green (the guy who wrote 'The Fault In Our Stars'. I've read almost every book he's written minus one and I've got to say that 'Katherines' was my least favorite. The storyline was blah. And the two main characters (Colin and Hassan) annoyed the shit out of me. It wasn't terrible. I didn't hate enough to not finish it but it was just not my cup of Dr. P at all. With that being said there were a few lines I found interesting and/or amusing.
"To Colin, tampons were a little bit like grizzly bears: he was aware of their existence, but he'd never seen one in the wild, and didn't really care to."
"He liked the idea of coffee quite a lot - a warm drink that gave you energy and had been for centuries associated with sophisticates and intellectuals. But coffee itself tasted to him like caffeinated stomach bile."
"You can love someone so much, he thought. But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."
"...he thought about the space between what we remember and what happened, the space between what we predict and what will happen."
Over: Soccer. All of a sudden America gives a shit about soccer? Pfft. I understand the rest of the world is obsessed with the sport but it's never been big here. And now that it's the World Cup everyone pretends to care. Puhhlease. It's got to be one of the most boring sports out there. Dustin has been watching it on and off (because the poor guy doesn't have any other sport to watch) and neither of us get what all the fuss is about. There's no real excitement. All the players fall to the ground when someone touches them. Is it hockey/football season yet?! I'm more excited for the Little League World Series than this World Cup. I'm being completely serious. We watch it every year.
Jumping Up And Down: Because Diagon Alley opens July 8th! Dustin and I won't be going until nicer weather hits but it's still exciting! I loved watching all of the footage and seeing the photos of the behind the scenes last week. A lot of the actors from the movies came out to enjoy the festivities and I could not get enough. I really love living in Orlando. I love that all of these awesome things are right in our backyard. I mean, if I can't live in London or Hogwarts, Orlando is the next best place, right? RIGHT! I've got to be honest that I'm a little nervous about the new Gringotts ride because I've heard it's kind of sort of a roller coaster but it sounds way too cool for me to chicken out. If anyone can get me on a damn roller coaster it would be Harry Potter. Everyone who got to preview it last week has said that that ride alone is worth a trip to Universal. So I've got a few months to put my brave face on and go for it.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.