Saturday, November 22, 2014

Andrew McMahon (Again)

Sam and I went to see Andrew McMahon at The Beacham on Wednesday night. I left work and headed straight for her place. I didn't account for all the damn traffic and what should have taken me 20 min took double that. It didn't effect the night in anyway but I was annoyed. Road rage Ash is alive and well in case anyone was wondering. 

I knocked, gave Sam a quick hello hug, and then ran to pee in their bathroom. I changed from my work attire into my more fun evening wear, Pat took a few photos of us and we were out the door! We hadn't decided where we wanted to stop to eat so when Sam asked "What do you want for dinner?" I responded with "Nothing greasy. I don't want to have to deal with diarrhea during the show." Then she said "We are so old." And then we just laughed and laughed. Because no, of course we're not old, but we sure as hell are no spring chickens either. We decided on Gabriel's Subs which is located next door to our high school. I used to frequent that place (we ALL did) during those days but I don't think I've eaten there since. I need to start going more often because it was just as good as I remember it. 

It was a super chilly night. Like 40s. We were bundled but we didn't want to be too bundled because we both agreed we'd get hot once we were inside. Oh the struggle!

We got there a little after the doors opened and tried to get a spot on the stairs where Erin and I stood last time back in 2013. Well, now the stair section costs you. How fucking dumb is that? So we just stood by one of the bars on the side of the stage. Thankfully we're all too old to get wild and moshy so it wasn't bad. It was actually the closest I've ever seen him perform which was a nice change. He put on a fantastic show as per usual. I've seen him probably 10 times now and it never gets old. He always has new stories to tell. This time around he talked about how he had a track on the Snakes On A Plane Soundtrack which I thought was hilarious. He also talked a lot about his new baby. He had new songs to sing which was fun to see live for the first time. I was so happy he sang 'Maps for the Getaway' which is one of my faves off his new CD. I wasn't too familiar with the opening bands (Junior Prom & Fences) but they were both good. I'm actually listening to them as I type this and I'm sure I'll buy a couple songs. It was one of those fun yet exhausting, infinite nights. So glad to have had my fellow old lady as my date. 


IMG_1331_2 IMG_1319 10815821_10101183576066443_251952246_n

IMG_1292

IMG_1300_2

IMG_1325


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.