Having so much friend time lately. I met Jesenia for dinner last week. We ate, caught up on life, on gossip, and what we think of 1989 and TWD. Really important stuff. Then we high-tailed it over to the mall to find her some cold weather gear for her Charleston trip. I couldn't believe she didn't own any scarves! We fixed that real quick. Also, concert with Sam (see previous blog post) and shopping with Katie. I love me time a lot. And I NEED me time a lot. But I love all my girls (the ones not mentioned too!) and getting to see them on a regular basis.
Annoyed with: Some of the holiday stuff going on. There is no reason to open stores on Thanksgiving. NONE. But I've read article after article talking about who is doing it. I think 12am Friday morning is even too much. Just open up at 6am on Friday and call it a day. Who even goes out on those days? I don't know anyone who does. I went once and broke my little toe on a clothes rack when I was 17. So yeah, I'm good. Plus now with this little thing called the internet there is no need to wait outside at the asscrack of dawn just to fight over the last trendy toy of the year.
Also, what's up with all the Christmas decor? I mean I kind of get it now that Thanksgiving is less than a week away but the mall had a tree up at the beginning of November. TOO EARLY. I'm a fan of celebrating one holiday at a time. I have to wait until after our Thanksgiving meal to put the tree up and it comes down Christmas night. I like that it's only up a month. I'd get sick of it if I put it up in October and took it down in January. Ok I think I'm done with my holiday rant. Ha! What a scrooge, right?? (Not at all.)
Reading: Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham Yes, THAT Lauren Graham. Lorelei Gilmore. Sarah Braverman. Her. Actually she was the only reason I started reading this book. I'm guessing it has to do with her own struggles in the acting world because it's about a fictional actress in her mid twenties during the mid nineties trying to make it. So far I like it but I'm not blown away. I'm not dying to pick it up to finish it. If I have time, I read a chapter or two. Now I'm only halfway in so maybe it gets better. Who knows. It had great reviews and I love Lauren so I figured what the hell. We shall see. I'm hoping to finish it and get at least one more book in before the end of the year. I have already beat last year's record which I'm so proud of myself for. I'll have a separate post and a full list about it around the end of December.
Watching: I recently saw A Winter's Tale. The movie was so much better than the book. Well, at least the first third of the book because that's all I could get through. I enjoyed it although the ending did not go in the direction I thought it would at all. It seemed almost random but at the same time it kind of worked. I also watched The Book Thief. It was SO GOOD. It really was one of those perfect movies. I sobbed and sobbed. I mean, how can you not when it comes to any movie set in World War II? I'm kicking myself for not reading the book first because I'm sure it was even better but it is what it is. I highly recommend it. I think it's still on HBO.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.