I love the idea of a '40s sweetheart dance where you jump, jive, and wail but those times are long gone and now only exist in the movies. These days there are country clubs, club clubs, and high school dances. And of course weddings. Those are the only places you really go to dance. I've never been much of a dancer. Sure I frequented many a school dance but I did very little actual dancing. They were always about eating, being with my friends, and spying on my crush of the week. I was perfectly content with those three things. These days I dance all the time. AT HOME. Or when I'm at Target with a friend. Or if a great song comes on in the car (where I have been known for my shoulder moves). But I don't like real dancing in a crowd. No thanks. Dustin and I never dance at weddings. We sit at the table, watch, and mingle - but no dancing. We didn't even dance at our own wedding. It just isn't our thing.
So when I saw Mandy Moore post a photo of her playing ping pong at a wedding over the weekend a light bulb went off in my head. I, of course suggested it to Sam for her upcoming wedding. She seemed less than thrilled so then I brought the idea to Pat. Dustin told me I was "like a child who doesn't get her way with one parent so they go to another parent". Yeah, so what? Pat of course responded with "I love ping pong!" and now I've got 50% of the future Bunce family on board. I'm half kidding. I mean I think it would be amazing if they actually rented a ping pong table but I doubt it goes with the decor. Had I seen this photo of Mandy Moore 5 years ago I would've had one at our wedding. Maybe we'll throw a big anniversary party one of these days - pin ping table included.
I like weddings that don't take themselves seriously which is why I've compiled this list of wedding reception activities for all the non-dancers out there.
PING PONG/AIR HOCKEY
Ok I've already discussed my love for table games but come on? How easy/fun would it be to rent a table inside or out and jump around playing a game in your fancy attire? Um, the answer is SO FUN.
BOUNCE HOUSE
These suckers are not just for kids these days. I've heard of adults renting them for birthdays and weddings. I mean who doesn't like to bounce on air? Also, the pictures would turn out so cool as seen above.
I don't play pool but I sure as hell would learn/try if there was one at a wedding. Hell, I'd have a good time just watching.
BASKETBALL
It would be so cool to rent a hoop and have it set up on some pavement for an outside reception or better yet if you are in an urban area, you could just walk next door and shoot some hoops.
KARAOKE
I think a first song (Let's Duet! HA!) is way better than a first dance. Just saying.
Photos: one / two / three / four / five





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.