Monday, January 12, 2015

Gainesville: Paynes Prairie and Satchels

Over Christmas, while we were enjoying our family trek through the woods, my Aunt Sarah had mentioned going to Paynes Prairie sometime. Dustin and I had never been so we decided to plan a trip back up to Gainesville. We ended up going yesterday which was only two weeks after we were last up, but since the first half of this year is going to be a busy one I figured we shouldn't waste the chance to hang out with the fam, enjoy some nature, and get more moves!

Paynes Prairie was amazing! I totally get why everyone loves it so much. It's such a pretty and unique state park. We were just feet from alligators. No fences, no rails - just hanging out in the wild. And then just up the trail we spotted a couple wild horses. SO NEAT! Oh and it gets even better, because further up the trail, we saw a bison just laying around. No big deal. The trail is 1.5 miles one way and at the end there is an observation deck where the view is just incredible. It was a really nice day (pretty damn cold for Florida standards) but once we got moving it wasn't bad at all. It got pretty windy up on the observation deck but who cares with those views!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_0100

IMG_0106

IMG_0101

IMG_0112

IMG_0107

IMG_0110

IMG_0111

IMG_0118

IMG_0120

IMG_0116

Untitled

IMG_0125

IMG_0126

Untitled

IMG_0127

IMG_0129

IMG_0132

IMG_0137

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_0142

IMG_0140

IMG_0144

Untitled Untitled

IMG_0146

IMG_0148

Untitled

Next up was Satchels for lunch. This was another new experience for Dustin and I. There was a 25 minute wait so we walked around back to their little shop of random things. I don't really know how else to describe it. They had a bunch of fun, unique things for sale along with lots of other cool things to walk around and look at. Even their bathroom was awesome. I mean, fossilized poop display?! Yes. 

We were going to eat in the blue van out front (yes, it's a table in a van!) but we were able to get in faster just eating inside at a regular table. Grey met us up there for lunch and we all enjoyed salad and tons of pizza. Everything at this place was amazing. The salad was the best I've had. The pizza, both the veggie and meat, were perfect. And to top it all off they make their own soda and it's out of this world. I didn't try the ginger ale but Hayley raved about it. I had the root beer and it was just crazy good. They give you your dessert menu in a view finder! We were too stuffed to get any of it but it was fun clicking through the photos. 

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

We went back to my aunt and uncle's house where we went through old sheet music and fabric. We ended up bringing home a bin full of both. I can't wait to do something fun with it all.

2015 is off to a hell of a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.