We have a long tradition of super laid back hang-at-home New Year Eves. We've hung out with Katie and Tommy in Dustin's old bedroom in Palm Coast, we've gone to Sam's parents house to watch a really good backyard firework show, and just last year Erin came to our place and spent the night. Other than those three times, it's just been Dustin and I together ringing in the new year. We don't want or need to go to some big party. I mean we don't drink and that's really all anyone wants to do on this particular holiday. Also, who wants to be out on the roads with all those drunks who swear they aren't "that drunk". Yeah, no thanks. We are much happier at home with each other.
This year we got a little fancy and decided to order Outback Takeout. Dustin placed the order online and I went and picked it up after I got off work. While I was picking up dinner, Dustin went to the grocery to get us some ice cream. Team work! We may not drink but we sure as hell can eat. We enjoyed a lovely meal in our home and watched some hockey. Katie and I chatted on the phone until Dick Clark's Rockin' NYE special started. I laid in bed and watched it on and off. I mostly just wanted to see Taylor Swift but of course she didn't come on until right before midnight.

During one of the Penguins intermissions Dustin and I dumped out our mason jar full of 2014 memories. We filled it all year long with inside jokes, funny things that have happened - nothing but good memories. Anything shitty that happened last year was not welcomed in our jar. I highly recommend keeping one for your own house. It's only the second so there's still plenty of time to go out and get a mason jar and get to it. It was so much fun opening them up and reading them to each other. We were dying laughing. We keep ours on our kitchen pass through with a little pad of paper right next to it so it's super easy to jot something down real fast, fold it up, and throw it in the jar. I think a new thing I want to add to it this year is have visitors contribute with whatever they want - a joke, a drawing, a memory.
It was such a struggle for me to even stay awake that long. I know I'm not really old but on nights like that I sure feel it. I used to stay awake until 12 every night but clearly those days are long gone. Oh well. I did make it. Dustin and I kissed and then immediately fell asleep.
I don't have any resolutions this year. Except maybe buy more sweatpants. But honestly nothing is coming to mind. I have some goals for this year, sure, but I don't see them as resolutions. Some year's are just easier than others in that department.
Happy 2015!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.