Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Halloween Post

Katie and I will be "Shaking It Off" come actual Halloween. I can't think of a better way to spend the holiday. I mean, we're down to less than two weeks! FREAK OUT.

So Dustin and I decided to carve pumpkins today. We have carved a pumpkin every Halloween since we've been together. That's 11 Halloweens which comes to a total of 22 pumpkins between the two of us. I love that we have our little traditions and pumpkin carving together has always been something we enjoy. Some years we carve alongside of friends but this year it was just the two of us sitting in the middle of our "dining room" floor. Having done this for so many years we had the whole event down to a science. We laid out an old sheet, set a box in the middle (for the pump guts), set our tools out, and got to work. Now you know you're getting old when you have to take a break half way through due to your body aching. Dustin was all "my legs hurt" and I'm over here "ugh, my back is killing me". HA! Dustin said next year we're carving at a table. This is growing old together. And it's just fine with me. We poked, sawed, cussed, and then before we knew it we were done. My favorite part is when we set our pumpkins in the bathroom (no windows = no light = better finale), light the candle, and oooh and aww over our hard work. We both chose hard(er) patterns (Slimer & T-Rex for the win!) this year but we still knocked them out of the park. Sore bodies and all! High five Dust!

IMG_7010 IMG_7009 IMG_7020

ABC Family is starting their 13 Days of Halloween TV schedule line up tonight and it's pretty damn epic. How do people live without cable? (I obviously could if necessary but if we can afford it, you bet your ass we will have it.) Anyway the full line up can be seen HERE. Now I own all of the Harry Potter movies and Hocus Pocus (DUH!) but there's just something about having them on the TV too. It's nice to be flipping through the stations and BAM an old favorite is on. I asked Dustin if we could have a little Halloween movie marathon next weekend. I have requested Hocus Pocus, Casper, and both Addams Family movies. That's my childhood in a PG Halloween movie nutshell. Ha! I really don't like scary movies at all so I try and stay away from them at all costs. If I had to pick some I think I'd throw it back to the 90s with the original Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. But movies like IT, The Shining, & Poltergeist are all on my never-watch-again list. I've seen them once and that's enough for me. I'm the girl who gets scared of the horror movie preview commercials. Yeah, I totally cover my eyes. I like Halloween but I hate being scared. I've become an even bigger wuss in my old age and I'm not going to apologize one bit. 

Dustin and I were invited to my cousin's costume party but since I'll be hanging with Katie and Taylor that night, I had to decline. So I'm hoping she has another next year because I'm really itching to dress up. Maybe Dustin and I can wear some sort of couple costume! Pfft, he'd never go for it but I have a year to work my magic. 

I'm loving this WWE couple costume. But I think I should be Macho Man and Dustin can be The Hulk. 


I kind of really want to be Wilson!! And Dustin would only have to grow his beard out for a month to get to the crazy Tom Hanks Castaway level. 


More couple costumes here

Also, have you all noticed the baby costume game is extra strong the last few years?! I kind of want to have a baby just so I can dress it up! Ok, not a reason to have a baby but maybe someone who is costume-challenged will let me borrow their baby! Any takers? 

Anyone willing to dress their baby up as a Bill Murray character is awesome in my book. 


Um, little RUN DMC is kind of the cutest. The accessories are just too perfect. 


I love this little 80s aerobic baby! The little boombox just make it. 


I'll end this post by saying that I love this season. I love October. And Halloween. And everything it brings. As much as I wish time would just stay right here, I know that these times are extra special because they aren't available all year long. So I'm just doing my best to be present and enjoy every second. As much as I want to speed up time so Katie and I can go hang with Taylor, I know that once it comes it'll be over just as fast. So I'm not going to wish these next two weeks away but enjoy every single day leading up to Halloween. But come Halloween, we go hard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.