TATTOO
I left work early Friday, picked up Dustin, and headed to Ormond. We got there early enough to enjoy a little Subway lunch and some quality time with the Bentons. It's weird to think that it just might be the last time the four of us hang out before baby Benton arrives. So crazy!
Dustin and I headed over to All Saints for round two of my heart/flower tattoo. I was under the painful needle for about 2.5 hours this time around. The color hurt so much more than the outline. I had to have Cortni put bactine on it a couple times just to take the sting out. But I got through it. The third session should be the last which I'm so excited about because it'll be the last of the pain and more importantly my tattoo will finally be complete. Two more weeks!
Dustin and I headed over to All Saints for round two of my heart/flower tattoo. I was under the painful needle for about 2.5 hours this time around. The color hurt so much more than the outline. I had to have Cortni put bactine on it a couple times just to take the sting out. But I got through it. The third session should be the last which I'm so excited about because it'll be the last of the pain and more importantly my tattoo will finally be complete. Two more weeks!
GARAGE SALE
I had been waiting for our neighborhood's annual garage sale. We had never participated before but I wanted to this year because we just had so much stuff that is just collecting dust. So for the past few weeks Dustin and I have been going through closets and the garage piling together all the things we wanted to sell. I mean we had everything from golf clubs to paintball guns to a box of movies to old purses to our giant grill. I woke up at 6:30am Saturday and started dragging everything out to the driveway. Dustin came stumbling out and ended up selling one of his drum heads 5 minutes into the whole thing. He didn't stay out with me the entire time but when he did come out he was on his game. He managed to sell all of his paintball items as a package deal for $100. I sat out there from 7:30 to about 10:30 am and it was steady with people the entire time. At first I was kind of worried because I didn't see any other homes on our road participating but the traffic flow was constant. I loved the "drive by" folks who slowed down to take a peak at what we had and then quickly decided they weren't interested and drove off. Ha. There were all types of people. Some people were very specific in what they were wanting. I got asked if we had old coins, antique furniture, and computers. I was all "no, no, and no". Most everyone was very pleasant. I especially enjoyed talking to a retired teacher about J.K. Rowling books. We both agreed that The Casual Vacancy was super depressing but he suggested I try The Cuckoo's Calling. I added it to my "to-read" list on Goodreads. I had to bite my tongue when a little boy took Dustin's putter and started playing golf with the acorns in our driveway. OUR CONCRETE DRIVEWAY. Dustin said something to him and then his parents told him to wait at the end of the driveway. Kids, man. We had a really successful day but still had a lot of stuff left over. I'm donating most of it and the rest will continue collecting dust I guess.
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Dustin and I decided to totally veg on the couch with Halloween movies. We started with Casper which was just as lovely as it always has been. Then we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas (Dustin's pick). I can honestly say I have seen it only once before when it came out back in the mid 90s. I was in elementary school and I remember not liking it. Well I am now reminded why little kid me didn't like it. It's creepy. It's scary. It just gives me a weird vibe. I will say that a lot of the songs are catchy but the film itself doesn't feel like it should be for children. Maybe more like middle school age and up. Needless to say, I was not a fan. Dustin said to me "Maybe I was a weird kid because I always liked it." Um yeah, definitely weird.
Today I decided on a whim that I wanted to wax it which of course meant I would need to wash it first. So I did. Then I waxed it. Thankfully Dustin helped me with the "wax off" part because I was so done. My arms were aching and my face was on fire because it is still so damn hot outside. But we teamworked the shit out of it and got it done even if we did have to duck for cover every time the wind blew and acorns came raining down. I also Rain Xed my windshield, got new windshield wipers, and Dustin filled up my tires with air. I am feeling very accomplished in the car front!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.