In pain from: My tattoo. The second session was not only more painful during but it's been a more painful and annoying healing process too. I know I know it comes with the territory. It's not that I'm surprised necessarily I just want to feel back to my 100% self soon. Sunday I barely slept because I couldn't get comfortable because it was hurting. Then last night I fell out at 8pm because I was so exhausted. Ha! Whatever, I'm getting through it. One week of discomfort is worth a lifetime of a badass tattoo.
Reading: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - This is Rainbow's newest book and I've only just barely started it (maybe 5% in). It's based on characters from her other book FanGirl but is (from what I've read) a stand alone book. FanGirl was about two sisters who write fan fiction. Well Carry On is the fantasy book that inspired that fan fiction. I love her books so much but I love that Carry On is essentially a parody of Harry Potter. So I'm going into this book with huge expectations which probably isn't fair so I'm trying to dial it back a bit but so far she's killing it. Oh AND she's going to be at the Downtown Orlando Library at the end of November. I plan on going and meeting her!
The whole article can be read here: Vanity Fair
Watching: Scandal! After the urging of several people I have finally jumped aboard the Scandal train. And of what a scandalous train it is! I'm mid-way through the second season and still loving it. Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) is so bad ass it's not funny. She is just awesome. There are so many great characters on the show and it's fun to see how everything twists and turns. This is definitely a show where you think you have a character pegged and then they totally throw you. I'm able to fit in a few episodes a week but once my weekends slow down I'm going to do a nice little binge.
Listening to: Adele's new song Hello and Gwen Stefani's new song Used To Love You. Those girls are bringing it. I've missed Adele's powerful voice/songs. I'm glad she's back! And Gwen, although I'm sad she's heartbroken and clearly going through a lot personally, it's definitely when she's at her best musically. Actually that's when most artists are at their best. I've had both of those songs on repeat.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.