Thursday, March 24, 2016

Best Birthday Brunch

Last Sunday I met up with Katie and the rest of her squad at Briarpatch in Winter Park for a little brunch action. I've always heard good things about it from friends but I had never eaten there myself so I was excited to try it out. I got there first and let the wait staff know how many were in our party. Unfortunately it was incredibly busy (I doubt it's never not busy on the weekend) so we waited for about 20 or so minutes. The restaurant itself is incredibly cute. I loved the whole vibe. 

Once we were seated the whole table ordered mimosas. They looked delicious but I opted for apple juice as per usual. I had the hardest time deciding on what to order but finally I went with the raspberry lemon pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I prefer a sweet breakfast than a hearty salty one. While we waited for our food to come out I forced Katie to open her presents. She was all like "...but I don't like opening things in from of everyone" in which I responded with "get over it. We want you to see your gifts." Ha!

She got so many cute things! Personally I got her the Trainwreck DVD because I know how much she loved that movie. I also got her a bracelet, candle, and mug tree. Oh and TWO cards. The thing is I found the "Murray" card like 6 months ago when I was looking for someone else. But since Murray is her maiden name I figured she'd get a kick out of it. But then I found the Oprah card on Etsy and was all like "yep, I'm getting this one too..." So whatever.

When the food came my mouth just about hit the floor while drool slid out. Everyones food looked so good. My raspberry lemon pancakes were to die for. I ate all of them! Damn right. I had hung out with Katie's friend Cristina for her Savannah birthday last year but met everyone else during her brunch. She's got some great people in her life. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone celebrating her 31st year. 

It was just Katie, Renee, and I after brunch. Winter Park is a cute place to walk around and shop any day but that day was also their Art Festival. It was so crowded with a ton of venders all over the place. We went in and out of cute shop after cute shop.  Katie ended up with the coolest pair of overalls, Renee bought a pair of sunglasses, and I bought low top rain boots. The shopping was of course great but the company and overall atmosphere is what I will remember about Katie's 31st birthday. I hope it was everything you wanted. Not that I have to tell you but just incase you weren't sure, you're very loved. 

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled
Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.