Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Random Wedding Ring Things

Tradition tells us that once married you're supposed to wear your wedding band closest to your heart and then the engagement ring goes on after that. I love most traditions but some I just don't get. Like this one. Dustin and I break tradition on tons of things but we especially did on our wedding day. I mean we got married smack dab in the middle of the work week for one. But when it came to my rings I thought it not only felt weird but looked bad to wear my rings in the traditional order. I like things to happen in order. First your get engaged and then you get married. So it just makes perfect sense to wear my engagement ring first and then my wedding band. I often wonder if anyone ever notices and thinks it's weird. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing which can happen from time to time. The thing is, I happened to notice a woman who was in front of me at Target a few days ago wearing her rings the way I do. I got kind of excited. I wanted to say something to her. But then I imagined that conversation going something like this:

Me: "Hey! We're in the same weird ring club."
Stranger: Side eye for days

I didn't say anything because let's just be real that would be weird. It's not like it's really that big of a deal. I love that everyone does what they want when it comes to rings (and life). I've seen ladies wear just an engagement ring OR just a wedding band. I totally see myself going to band-only in my older years. This is a very random post but it's been on my mind since I saw that lady and since Dustin and I are celebrating 11 years tomorrow I thought it was somewhat on topic.

See what I mean...


Untitled Untitled

IMG_7905

IMG_4860 Untitled 152

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.