Sunday, March 6, 2016

Currently

Watching:


The Good Dinosaur - Dustin and I watched this yesterday. I loved the story because duh dinosaurs! But what really stood out is how visually beautiful the film is. It's probably one of the coolest looking animated movies ever. Everyone who had seen this in the theater talked about how sad it was and it did have a couple moments - one specifically brought me back to that Mufasa scene in The Lion King. But I ended up crying at the happy parts because those just tugged at my heart more so in this movie. I loved the many positive messages in this film. I especially loved how scared Arlo was of everything and how he did his best to overcome those fears. Fear is part of life but you can't let it dictate your life.


Room - I've been wanting to see this for a couple months now and Dustin and I finally were able to last night now that it's available on XBOX to rent. This is a heartbreaking movie about a woman who was kidnapped as a teenager and forced to live in a room with her 5 year old son. Dustin and I had a long conversation after the movie was over about how crazy it would be to never have been outside or seen the real world in your entire 5 years of existence. We discussed different techniques of trying to escape and of course the emotional distress during capture and after being let out. It's a really powerful film and Brie Larson absolutely deserved to win the Oscar for Best Actress and Jacob Tremblay for his Critics Choice Award.


Fuller House - As you may remember from this post I was super pumped to watch Fuller House on Netflix. The original show IS my childhood and now to have a similar show in adulthood is kind of the icing on the cake. Pat came over and joined Dustin and I for the first 5 or so episodes. The boys didn't love love it at first. (Although I'm pretty sure they loved seeing the gorgeous ladies - DJ, Steph, and Becky what up!) I loved it from the opening credits. And by the way the new credits are fucking adorable.


There's so much to love about this show aside from just pure nostalgia. I love the premise. I love the "shade" being thrown at the Olsen twins for not coming back. I love the more adult jokes. I love the references to the original show. I love the appearances from original cast members. I love it all. Dustin and I finished the entire season within 24 hours. Honestly it exceeded my expectations. I'm ready for season 2. Let's go!

Passionate about: Voting! Yesterday I went to the library by my house and voted. I filled out a card, showed them my driver's license, and was given a ballot. It took all of 3 minutes from start to finish. Early voting is my absolute favorite. I'm in and out and still get a sticker! Ha! But in all seriousness, voting is incredibly important to me for a lot of reasons. The main two are this election is so fucking scary and I care about the future of this country and there's the fact that women have not always been able to vote. I get that women these days probably take it for granted but I certainly do not. I'm not going to let all the fighting the women before us did go to waste. And I hope you guys don't either. Now if you're registered as an independent (like Dustin is) you can't vote in a primary (which I totally think is bullshit). But if you have a specific party, please go fucking vote! 

Reading


I'm a little more than half way finished with this book. I actually am going to try and finish it today if I can. It's got a pretty depressing premise. The book opens with a house fire that kills everyone except June. Each chapter is told by a different character (none of the deceased but those that knew them) and of course June has her own chapters as well. At first I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of characters and also the way the author weaves them all together. But now I really enjoy it and appreciate the way he's telling the story. 

Trying to decide: Which duck boots to buy for our Pacific Northwest trip NEXT month. I found a few that I like based on looks alone but then I read the reviews and get scared to press the 'add to cart' button. I've noticed that no matter the brand, duck boots run small, so I'm worried I'm going to get the wrong size. And then there's the whole question of them actually keeping my feet dry/warm from the rainy weather. I need to make a decision here pretty soon but if I'm going to invest in some of these boots I want them to be absolutely perfect! Option 1 / Option 2 / Option 3 / Option 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.