Last Saturday Dustin and I drove to Cocoa for my 11am tattoo appointment with the lovely Angela. My GPS took us way out of the way, like 7 miles OVER the bridge. Dustin and I were annoyed. Thankfully we left the house extra early so we were still on time to the appointment. We didn't wait but a few minutes before Angela was calling me back, shaving my arm, and slapping a stencil of my Cheeto on my right arm. Cheeto is of course more complex looking with all his markings and colors so he took longer. Once she was done with him we headed outside to get some pictures with natural light. As we were on the sidewalk an older couple walked by trying to figure out what we were up to. They finally noticed my tattoo and said "Is that your cat?" and I nodded and smiled real big. They replied, we just got an orange cat. I asked them if he was huge like Cheeto and they said he's just a kitten. They then went on their merry way and we headed back upstairs for part two: Olive! She was easier because there was way less detail since she's mostly just black. I trusted Angela to add the perfect amount of shading so she didn't look like a little black blob. And again, she killed it. We went outside again to take more photos and this time the whitest middle age guys in a truck were driving down the street blasting The Chainsmokers. We both laughed at how strange that was.
It was a painful few hours but I had a good time talking to Angela about Star Wars and what not. I have been following her since last summer thanks to Ashley whom I met via Bumble BFF. When Katie asked if I knew of any tattooers I gave her a few names, one of which, was Angela. Katie has since gotten two beautiful floral pieces by her (first / second). I cannot get over how talented she is.
It was a painful few hours but I had a good time talking to Angela about Star Wars and what not. I have been following her since last summer thanks to Ashley whom I met via Bumble BFF. When Katie asked if I knew of any tattooers I gave her a few names, one of which, was Angela. Katie has since gotten two beautiful floral pieces by her (first / second). I cannot get over how talented she is.
Not that I have to justify these tattoos (or any I get) but these cats have totally changed my world. They are 100% my life the way Dustin is. I think about them throughout the day. Dustin and I discuss them when we aren't at home and of course when we are. Never in a million years would I have guessed we'd have cats but here we are. They chose us for some weird reason and I'm so glad it worked out the way it did. They are our first pets as adults. They are such a perfect fit to our little twosome. It's been about a year and a half of my transition into crazy cat lady and I'd say these tattoos mean confirm that the transition is now complete.
My little cattoos are still healing of course but while I was waiting in the line at CVS the other day a woman noticed them and then yelled "Cat girl!". I turned around assuming she was referring to me. She then proceed to tell me her cat just had kittens and wanted to know if I wanted one. So I'm really excited about the new addition of ink to my body but I might end up with another cat before all is said and done. Just kidding, Dustin.
Kind of.









That's the most awesome light fixture I've even seen. :D
ReplyDeleteRight?! So bad ass.
Delete