The world is, as you all know, a fucking madhouse. Has it always been THIS bad? Maybe. Have things escalated or am I just really seeing it for the first time? Who knows. I've talked about it a lot these last 6 months but I'm very much aware of the shit happening locally but especially nationally. It weighs me down some days. It stresses me out. It makes me frustrated as all hell. And when I'm feeling anything at all I always turn to music.
Just left work at 5pm on a Friday. I've got a song for that.
Just saw someone's #TBT and feeling nostalgic. I've got a song for that.
Feeling completely misunderstood. I've got a few songs for that.
This is my playlist or shall I say the start of one. Ok, this is part one of my resistance music. These songs are powerful and really speak to me on several levels but are esepcially helpful on those rough days.
Have a listen.
We waive our flags, we swallow fear like medicine
We kiss the hands of profiteers and their congressmen
But I've seen too much (of this fear and hate)
Yeah I've had enough (and I'm not afraid)
To raise a shout, to make it clear - this has to end
There's blood on the sand, there's blood in the street
And there's a gun in my hand, or there might as well be
And I'm sick of it, I'm so sick of it
Do you feel
The weight of the world singing sorrow
Or to you it is just to real
Cause you got your own things
Yeah we all have our things I guess
You don't know who I am
or what I have been through, no.
So don't dare tell me what I
should and shouldn't do
Uh oh
running out of breath but i
oh i got stamina
Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no
Put on your face
know your place
shut up and smile
don't spread your legs
I could do that
know your place
shut up and smile
don't spread your legs
I could do that
I can't keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh
I can't keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh
A one woman right, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
I can't keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh
A one woman right, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Listen as you day unfolds
Challenge what the future holds
Try and keep your head up to the sky
Lovers, they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears
Stand up and be counted
Don't be ashamed to cry
Your gotta be bad, you gotta be bold
You gotta be wiser
you gotta be hard, you gotta be tough
You gotta be stronger
If I told you 'bout my sex life you'd call me a slut
When boys be talkin' about their bitches no one's makin' a fuss
There's a glass ceiling to break, uh-huh, there's money to make
Sometimes it's hard to find the words to say
I'll go ahead and say them anyway
Forget your balls and grow a pair of tits
It's hard out here for a bitch
Why are we back in the past?
It's the same script, different cast
All of the alternative facts
Catch me outside how about that?
Why is it so hard to keep hope?
Who got that popular vote?
Was the whole thing just a joke?
It's a fucked up world
Here we are in it
I ain't going nowhere
Til' we're finished
I'm not ready to make nice
I'm not ready to back down
I'm still mad as hell, and I don't have time
To go 'round and 'round and 'round
We live in troubled times
We live in troubled times
What part of history we learn
When it's repeated
Some things will never overcome
If we don't seek it
The revolution's coming, it's a minute away
I saw people marching in the streets today
You know we are made up of love and hate
But both of them are balanced on a razor blade
Love could change the world in a moment
But what do I know?
I saw people marching in the streets today
You know we are made up of love and hate
But both of them are balanced on a razor blade
Love could change the world in a moment
But what do I know?
I stayed home took a vicodin
Sometimes it's all that I can do
When I think about the president
How did he become the president?
And I stayed awake for a day or two
I thought about the world
Drank gin and watched the news
And there are some things I'll never understand
Why the country needs a God
And a woman needs a man
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.