Friday, August 25, 2017

Marie's Birthday

A couple weeks ago I left work early and met the gang at The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Marie's birthday. My aunt drove down from Gainesville and picked up Marie and my mom. Shirley met us there as well. I was going to try and FaceTime Hayley but she had forgotten her phone. Bummer!

Earlier that morning I went to Publix and bought some sunflowers for Marie. I even arranged them myself. Everyone at work kept asking me what the special occasion was thinking I had received them. I proudly told them "Nope, these are for Marie!". I was pumped to give them to her and thrilled when she lit up upon seeing them on the table. She was so cute because when I asked Shirley to take our photo Marie insisted on having the sunflowers in the shot. 

It was so nice getting to enjoy a meal with all of these lovely ladies. I love hearing all the old stories from my mom and aunt's childhood and my own. One in particular stands out because it's so funny. 

Marie used to babysit me all of the time so I would typically just end up staying the night at her house if my mom had plans. She told us all how I would tell her at 4ish years old "Ok, I'm ready for bed". I'd also told her I didn't need help bathing. I was a very independent 4 year old. But the funniest part is when I came over one time and her cat (RIP Pookie) ran away from me. She told us at lunch that I walked my little self up to Pookie and said "Now Pookie don't you run away from me. You know who I am!". I mean, I wasn't wrong. Pookie better calm down so I can pet him. If only Pookie could see the cat lady I've become. 

The lunch went by so fast and before we all knew it we were ordering cheesecakes to go and saying our goodbyes. I'm so glad I got to spend a couple hours with everyone. 

IMG_4799

IMG_4809

IMG_4818

IMG_4820

IMG_4822

My mom posted the photos below on Facebook in celebration of Marie's birthday. The baby in yellow is me (don't I look like a frog?), Hayley is the one getting bottle fed, and Leah is the little blonde baby. The last photo of Marie is one of my all time favorites. She just looks so content. 

IMG_4837 IMG_4838 IMG_4839

IMG_4836

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.