Sunday, June 22, 2025

Halsey: For My Last Trick

I've been a Halsey fan for ever ever but for whatever reason had never seen her live. Immediately jail. So when her new tour was announced I pounced on those tickets without any thought. I put the call out to my IG friends to see if anyone would be interested in going with me but turns out no takers or maybe just no Halsey fans (yinz are missing out but ok do you). Then Katie mentioned that Kierce actually liked her and I had my light bulb moment. So I called her and asked her if she'd like to go with me. She not only agreed but sounded genuinely excited. Hell yeah! Not only were we going to see a great artist but we get to spend some quality one on one time together. Win-win!

The day of the show I drove to pick Kierce up. There had been all kinds of crazy ass weather in Deland earlier that day - golf ball sized hail. It poured on I-4 and we got soaked running into Chilis to get some dinner. The weather cleared up the closer we got to Tampa which really worked in our favor since our covered seats weren't exactly covered. I knew something looked off and then finally figured it out that we didn't have a roof. You gonna fix that or refund a portion of ticket sales?! Nah of course not. The weather was unusually, dare I say...nice?  

Kierce and I had a great time screaming and singing and scream-singing along with the crowd. Halsey put on an incredible performance. The show itself was a true show with a beginning, middle, and end. The first part was Alice in Wonderland themed where she was "dreaming" and playing different versions of herself with dancers and sets and so many costumes. The second part was her as the real Halsey - just a fun pop-rock show with backing band and her bouncing all over the stage.

We got home SO LATE and went straight to bed. We wanted to take Kierce out to breakfast before taking her back home but Dustin woke up too late. We tried First Watch, Another Broken Egg, and Cracker Barrel but all three had lines out the doors. We aren't patient like that so we decided to have a very early lunch at Cheddars. We were one of two groups in the whole building. And that's why the early bird gets the worm. 

IMG_3842 IMG_3849 IMG_3845 IMG_3860 IMG_3884 IMG_3908IMG_3906

              


And I just had to share some of my favorite photos posted by Halsey herself on instagram. 

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.