SATURDAY: We slept in, even after getting quite the head start. So much sleep! It was kind of nice. Then we went to pick up my brother for the day. We owed him a Christmas present - so the first order of business was to figure out what he wanted because he kept telling us over and over he didn't NEED anything. We were going to get him something before Christmas, then I was going to just get him a gift card, but Dustin talked me into letting him pick out what he wants. This seemed like the best option because what do you get a teenager these days anyway?! Dustin told him how much he has liked playing Battlefield lately so that's what he chose. We came back to the house and the boys played Battlefield for hours. Cody was most interested in the helicopters and tanks. So they went back and forth playing so he could get used to the game.
We took a lunch break with some kind of sausage sub thingy. Dustin was really excited to make these damn things and even though I wasn't convinced I would like them - I tried one because apparently that's how relationships last. It consisted of a really giant bun, sausage on the grill, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese (I like to pronounce 'mozzarella' like I'm Giada. Try it. Fun, right?) It was one of the messiest things I've ever ate but it turned out to be pretty damn good.
We spent the rest of the night watching the Tebows get their ass kicked by the Patriots. Pretty funny! I didn't see one mention of his name in my news feed that evening. Yes! No more Tebow talk until August. Not long enough but I'll take it. We also watched Daniel Radcliffe on SNL and it was a little painful. Daniel was great but the sketches were terrible. The only one I liked was weekend update where he dressed as a dog. And what was up with Lana Del Rey?! Girl can't sing live. Such a shame.
SUNDAY: We had a whole plan. But like I've said before - why even bother with plans? I swear I will never learn my lesson with that. We decided to leave the house around 10AM and grab breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Then we would head on over to Tampa for the game. Cracker Barrel was packed. We decided to just hop on the highway and we would pick something up along the way. We saw another Cracker Barrel (this time in the middle of nowhere) - also packed with a wait. At this point we are both starving and annoyed. Then we see a sign for Five Guys BUT of course the exit the sign told us to get off of is wrong. We go a few miles out of the way and get back on the highway - IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. We were so pissed at the situation and annoyed with each other (because of the situation) that we were ready to just go home. But we stuck it out and wouldn't you know it - finally found those Five Guys! We were much happier with a full stomach.
We made it to Tampa around noon and sat in downtown traffic for a good 30 minutes before we were able to find parking. Tampa is nothing special. It's almost as annoying as Jacksonville. ALMOST. We were able to get to our seats just as the national anthem started. We were pretty worried about this game because Sidney is still out and they haven't been doing very well for the last couple weeks.
Two goals within the first 10 minutes of the first period! Then by the second period we were all tied up. Booo. A couple fights and two ejected players later we scored again - taking the lead. Then again! In a last ditch effort to get a goal or two more, the Bolts pulled their goalie, leaving an open net. An open net that Geno just so happened to fling the puck in. Final score 6-3 PENGUINS. It was so good to walk away from that game with a win.
We rode back home with happy hearts and those damn Cracker Barrel signs taunted us the entire way.
Video from the game. (Edited entirely on my phone. The voice over is nerdy. I know.)

1. you can't see it but we are both wearing geno jerseys.
2. dustin and those green eyes. 3. marc-andre fleury aka flower aka <3

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.