Sunday, January 22, 2012

It was a Good Day for a Good Day

Dustin and I went up to PC to visit Matt & Rachelle. It was the first time I had been there in a year - since we moved. I was super excited to go because well, I actually miss that small little town. There's something about it. It's got a lot to do with it's overall charm, few red lights, and affordable new construction homes but it's mostly because that's where Dustin and I met, where we started our family together, and where I spent some of my favorite adult years. It'll always make me nostalgic.

We hung out with M&R at their house for awhile. We got to see Matt feed a really weird looking fish (I swear this thing had legs) with another type of fish , fall backwards into a giant bean bag, and watch Matt do P90X moves in their kitchen. It was all just as much fun as it sounds.

Then it was off to try the Olive Lobster or Red Garden - whichever you prefer. This has got to be one of the weirdest restaurant plans ever. Sure, I've seen KFC and Long John Silvers team up or some other random fast food but whose idea was it to combine a Red Lobster and Olive Garden?

We ate at the Red Lobster side. We quickly learned that you could get to the other side only through the restrooms! How strange is that? Dustin and Matt were scheming to sneak alfredo sauce over. However, it never did pan out. We were convinced that the calamari we ordered was actually OG calamari. It was way too crunchy to be RL. The food was alright but not nearly as good as usual. My baked potato looked like it had been dropped into a bucket of salt. Oh well, I'll take good company over good food anytime.

Then it was on to have 'Target Funnies' which is where you just kind of roam around getting into shit. While there I was able to find the cutest wedges for only $8! I love sales. Sales rule.

Matt and Rachelle declined our invitation to see Haywire but we went anyway. It stars Gina Carano aka Crush from American Gladiators aka MMA fighter. Dustin has been head over heels for this girl for years. Check out this horrible photoshop I did for his 23rd birthday. That picture of 'him and Gina' has been on our fridge ever since. I give him a hard time about her any chance I get but truth is she's pretty, in shape without being too skinny or muscly, and she fucking kicks ass. I totally approve of this celebrity crush 100%. Hell, after seening her in Haywire I might even have a girl crush on her. She did such a good job for her first major acting role. The fight scenes were even more awesome knowing that she has fought people in real life. She's not an actress who trained for a choreographed fight scene - she's a fighter who just so happened to get into acting. I want the brown leather jacket she wore in the Dublin part of the movie. I really hope to see her in more action movies (word on IMDB is she might be in the next Percy Jackson movie! Eeee!) Dustin wants to see her as Wonder Woman and I suggested they re-do Tomb Raider. Check out the trailer. And here's half of a bad ass fight clip. And then there is of course this and this in GQ. Get it girl!

Over heard old lady in the movie theater to her husband: "I just love her because she's so beautiful." This had me cracking up.

We were hoping to see some other friends of ours but turned out he had to work all day and it never worked out. Looks like we will have to go back up that way and visit again real soon.



1. the hybrid 2. team zissou

3. waiting on rachelle. i didn't have to pee so what else am i supposed to do? 4. mr and mr. rodgers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.