Saturday, January 21, 2012

Growing Like a Weed

It's 7:04 AM on a Saturday and I'm up typing, partly because really loud birds that hate to sleep live outside of our house but mostly because Dustin had to go in to work this morning. He's not happy about it. I'm not happy about it. We both have come to the conclusion that we will just go with it. We won't let it ruin our weekend. And why would we?

It's frustrating though when we both work all week and every day we talk about how we "can't wait for the weekend!". We live for time together - weekends where we are allowed to sleep past 6 AM, take a shower whenever we feel like it, and choose if we want to even leave the house or not. Freedom. Weekends mean freedom. Weekends mean quality time with my husband. Cherished moments.

After, almost SEVEN years together I still get giddy to leave work at 5 PM and go home to him. He's always waiting by the door to give me a 'welcome home hug'. Lately, we have lived in such limbo between job hunting and wondering where we will live come the end of February that we really have to remind one another what's truly important - us. Sometimes we get wrapped up in all the adult life shit that it's hard to remember there was a time where we didn't care what jobs we had or where we lived as long as we were together. Every day together. That's what starting out long distance can do to a relationship. It teaches you to appreciate any time spent together. Dustin reminded me of that last night. I get so wrapped up in little things that I forget the bigger picture. It's something that seems like will be forever a work in progress with me. I have hope though that someday I will learn to relax and just be. Just sit still and be.

Fuck finding the perfect job or house. Fuck the worrying and stressing. I already have what every person longs for - LOVE. That's all I've ever wanted. And I've GOT IT! How lucky I am! The other shit will work itself out one way or another. I have a feeling that I will come out on the other side of all this even better. That's one of the great things about this time in my life - I feel like I have never grown so much as a person than I have in my twenties. As hard as it can be at times, I'm still thankful for all the life lessons that have come my way.

So for now I'm going to go get ready for the day and wait until Dustin gets home from work so we can get this beautiful Saturday started.

We got this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.