Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Zombie Zombie Zombie Eye
A few weeks ago I woke up with a really red right eye. I didn't even notice it was as bad as it was until a co-worker pointed it out midday. So I made an appointment but ended up cancelling because it had cleared up within a few days. BUT I woke up this morning with the same damn problem in the same eye. Ugh. I was able to get in on my lunch break. The doctor made me read some letters on the wall, looked in my eye with a light, put yellow drops in my eye, and then he tried to lift my eyelid open with a q-tip. WTF. I did not like it one bit and even had a mini meltdown. He asked if he was hurting me and I felt like an idiot because it's not that it hurt. It just creeped me the fuck out. It's like nails on a chalkboard kind of thing. He didn't seem very sympathetic. Cut me some slack dude, my eye looks like I am transitioning into a zombie! I'm a little on edge. Obviously. The only issue was the redness and it was slightly uncomfortable. No pain, no itching, no gross crust. He ruled out pink eye and a scratch. Just said I had a bacterial infection. He doesn't know for sure how I got it but he suggested it could be from old eye make-up. This is definitely a possibility as I hardly wear make-up to begin with so I hold on to it longer because it takes forever for me to use it all. So he told me to throw them all away as a precaution. Also, I got to pay $30 WITH INSURANCE for some fancy medicated eye drops with the most complicated directions. Good thing Dustin understands them. He's going to be my official dropper for the next week.
Labels:
random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.