I have seen a slew of pumpkin related recipes on Pinterest within the last month that I wanted to try but one in particular really stood out. I remember seeing a 'Banana Pumpkin Bread' at some point but forgot to 'repin' or even 'like' it (Doh!), so I decided to go to my old friend google. I found THIS recipe and made it last Sunday. It's super easy, even for people who don't bake regularly. I even MADE the icing as directed, which was a first, and it really added an extra sweetness to the already fabulous loaf. It came out so moist and flavorful. I was super proud of myself. I brought some for my co-workers the day after and they couldn't get enough. I kept bringing them slices the rest of the week.
I have done Pinterest a favor and added this recipe to my Food section.
Chicken, Potatoes, and Veggies
I'm trying to use up all of our meat since we'll be away for a week. So last night I suggested to Dustin we try making THIS for dinner. Sure it looks good but the appeal to me was that it looked crazy simple and for someone who hates to cook, simple is always preferred. Prep time took about 5 minutes - if that. Side note: I used Ranch instead of Italian because I bought the wrong package. I stuck it in the oven and went to the gym. By the time I came back, Dustin had already taken it out and it was cooling on top of the stove. I thought it looked amazing. So I tasted a bite of everything. The potatoes and green beans were fantastic. Dustin was worried the chicken wasn't cooked well enough. We both tasted it and it tasted good but Dustin was certain it wasn't cooked thoroughly enough. We ended up scrapping the chicken. Next time around we plan on cooking the chicken separately. This was a sail or maybe a fuccess?
And by the way, the ranch tasted awesome.
And by the way, the ranch tasted awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.