Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Annoying AND Awesome

I had a very annoying day yesterday and it was equally as awesome. Life is funny that way.

First, I was almost late to work due to a train that was stuck on the tracks. (Actually, Dustin WAS late and so were a lot of my co-workers). I was able to get to work right on time but it took me 20 minutes longer than usual. I am thankful Dustin warned me so I could at least leave the house early but still. Annoying.

Then around lunch time I received an email from AT&T that my bill was ready to be viewed. I was pissed to see $20 more than expected on my bill. I spent half of my lunch on hold, arguing my point, on hold again (this time waiting for a manager), and then finally getting it resolved. They finally deducted the ridiculous charge. Again, thankful but annoying.

The only thing getting me through the day was knowing that I was going over to Erin's so we could enjoy Tasty Tuesdays. I raced over to her house as fast as I could. We had a good 30-45 minutes before the Food Trucks were even set to arrive in the Milk District so we chatted and went over her new fabric purchases. I had offered, a couple weeks ago, to sew her some pillows so she had purchased all of the materials over the weekend. I plan on working on them this weekend if I have time. I'm having fun with all these sewing projects but I'll probably take a break once I'm done with her pillows.

The Food Truck Bazaar on her side of town is within walking distance from her house, so we enjoyed a nice stroll (with a slight breeze and a drop of humidity still lingering). When we got there, there were only a few Food Trucks set up. So we walked around and people/pet watched. There was the biggest rottweiler I had ever seen. He looked like a small bear. I just couldn't get over the size of him (or her).

Once the Yum Yum Truck opened their window we got right in line. I actually think we were the second customers of the night. Erin ordered two cupcakes (Drunkin' Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Chocolate) for later. And well, I ordered 6! No shame. I mean I do have a husband waiting at home. They weren't ALL for me.

After we got our cupcakes, we both got cheesesteaks and took everything to go. So there we were just walking through the neighborhood with a small mountain of amazing food. I thought I was going to drop my stuff at least 10 times. I'm not the most graceful person, that's for sure. It was a miracle I made it safely and more important my food made it safely back to Erin's place. We chowed down on the cheesesteaks. So good. A bit overpriced but still amazing. It certainly filled me up. We both decided to take a bite (or two) of the Drunkin Pumpkin together. We both tilted our heads and gave each other that  wide-eyed look. The OHMYGODTHISISFUCKINGDELICIOUS look. I thought it was made with rum but their website says it's Pumpkin Ale. Either way it's ridiculous. They are headed up to our side of town this Friday. It's so tempting. Dustin's going to have to hold me back because I don't think I have that much willpower.

When I got home, I finished the rest of my cupcake while Dustin enjoyed one of his, all while watching BE. It was the perfect ending to a day that started off so frustrating. A great friend, a wonderful husband, and lots of sugar seems to always be the cure.


Untitled Untitled Untitled


Untitled Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.