Monday, October 8, 2012

The Highlights

Perks of Being a Wallflower
I went to go see Perks on Saturday morning with Sam and Pat. Dustin wasn't interested in seeing it (in the theater at least). So, it was just the three of us. As we were walking into the theater Sam told me she brought popcorn that she made at home. I just laughed because now it all made sense - Sam never carries around a giant bag. She's strictly a wallet, keys, and phone kind of girl. We sat down and were enjoying some upcoming movie trailers when she leans over and pulls out a sleeve of crackers and asks if I want any. I politely decline but it made me laugh again. I was waiting for her to pull a bowl of ice-cream out of there by the end of the movie like a magician but it sadly never happened.

The movie was fantastic. It was pretty damn true to the book which is always a plus. I think one of the greatest thing about the movie that the book couldn't really capture (because it's impossible) was the use of music. The book mentions all of these older, wonderful songs but being able to hear the same song while watching a scene I've only read about was pretty neat. The soundtrack is awesome. Half of the soundtrack I hadn't listened to in forever and the other half was completely new to me.

This was the first time I had watched Emma Watson play a character other than Hermione Granger and as expected, she was brilliant. She was most definitely my favorite. I cried at various scenes throughout the entire movie. Happy moments. Sad moments. Sam even said "I love going to the movies with you because I know you'll cry and then I don't feel like an idiot for crying too." True story. I don't know why movies and stories make me so incredibly emotional but they do. I used to try and hide it. Wipe the tear away real fast before anyone could see. I'm not crying, I had an itch near my eye. Duh. But one of the best things about growing up and being an adult is feeling 100% comfortable in your skin. So for awhile now, I've just let the tears come, flow down my cheeks. I take it all in. I'm a human and I feel and that's something I'll never apologize for.

Boardwalk Empire
As I had hoped, Dustin and I got to watch more BE. I think we got through about 4 more episodes but it's hard to tell. They all kind of flow together (in a good way). Still loving it!

Throne
Both of our toilets have been acting up for weeks. They started to (simultaneously) keep running after we flushed. So we would have to lift the top, pull the chain, blah blahhh. Annoying annoying! But they both seem to be back in business and now I have one less thing to worry about.

Reunion
Rachelle was in Orlando for a friend's Bachelorette Party this past weekend. I was thrilled when she asked me out for coffee before heading back to PC. I hadn't seen her since Dustin's birthday back in April. SIX MONTHS. What the hell is that shit? It doesn't feel that long because we talk via iMessage almost daily so even though I haven't been physically in her life, I feel like I'm still in the mix. It reminded me of old times when we would meet up at Starbucks in PC after a long day at work. The boys would usually play xbox together since they knew we wouldn't be home for a few hours. We would talk and laugh and enjoy flavored, sugary, frozen "coffee".  It sucks that our coffee dates aren't as frequent these days but that's life. We're all just doing the best we can to juggle everything. I don't know the next time we'll be able to get together but I'm sure looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.