Sunday, December 9, 2012

Maffzi/Zinioli 4th Annual Christmas Sleepover

Katie and I had our first official Christmas sleepover back in 2009. And every year since, we have gotten together on a Saturday evening, in December, to watch a Christmas movie, bake some kind of treat, and do some sort of craft. It's something the four of us all really look forward to. It's fun to have a little girls night, especially around Christmas.


First order of business was the gift exchange. Katie gave me Keel's Simple Diary Vol. One. I had never heard of it before, but after scanning through it, I think I'm really going to enjoy using it. I kept diaries as a kid (my first one even had a lock!) and then I moved to LiveJournal (which I still use - on private). I just love keeping track of days for some reason, hence this whole blog thing. Thanks again Katie!

I got all my friends what I like to call a "combo pack" gift, which is where I include several small items into a box. I was so happy Katie loved her bow ring and super cute PJ shorts. Also, I can't wait to see Aubrie and Kierce in their new clothes. I got Aubrie a very preppy outfit (jean skirt, brown bow belt, and a navy blue, red and white sweater) and Kierce a party outfit (tutu with bows, tights with bows on them, and BOW SHOES!). I really had some weird bow theme going on and didn't even realize it until they had all opened their gifts. 

I also got Aubrie and Kierce some fake Paul Frank tattoos to share. It started with a heart on Aub's hand and a monkey on Kierce's shoulder but then turned into a tattoo frenzy. I first helped the girls with their tattoos but Kierce caught on very quickly, so she decided she wanted to be the one to 'ink' the rest of us. She picked my tattoos out (drum set and monkey skull) and put them on my forearm. They are still there today even after a shower. I guess I'll have no choice but to show them off at work tomorrow! She picked tattoos out for Katie and Tommy too. She basically was obsessed with tattooing us. It was pretty funny. 

This year we decided our craft would be making our own funny photo props. We each bought supplies,  cut out the funny shapes, and attempted to glue sticks to them. (Side note to my future self: Elmer's glue and wood glue do NOT work on felt.) We ended up having to tape them, but whatever, it worked! We had such a fun time taking the photos. The girls especially giggled the entire time.

We usually bake cookies but this year I was a little unorganized and forgot the mix. I did however bring banana bread muffins but it's not really the same. The girls ate the top of them. Remember those muffin tops Panera used to sell? Maybe they still sell them? I don't know. Also, Dozer enjoyed a couple. Not quite a success but next year we'll all be better prepared.

Katie had 'Home Alone' ready to go on her DVR but the girls voted for 'The Santa Clause' instead. I love both movies so I was happy with either. I love watching movies like that, movies that remind me of my childhood. It's so fun to see Kierce and Aubrie experience them for the first time. Although, Kierce kind of lost interest half way through. Aub however, loved it!

This year was the first time I didn't actually stay the night due to female related annoyances. Kind of a bummer but there's always next year! Even though I wasn't feeling completely myself, I had a great time, as always.

Merry Christmas Zinzi Family! Be good for Zart (elf on the shelf)!

  IMG_7425 IMG_7422 IMG_7414

IMG_7418

IMG_7419

IMG_7420

IMG_7412

IMG_7406

IMG_7403

IMG_7399

IMG_7398

IMG_7391 IMG_7383 IMG_7389 IMG_7385
IMG_7379 IMG_7378
IMG_7368

IMG_7365

IMG_7430

IMG_7429

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.