Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goodbye 2012


And there goes another year. They seem to go by faster and faster. This past year was a particularly good one. As I was editing all the videos for my 'year in review' a flood of memories rushed over me. I am so thankful for all the experiences, the laughs, my friends. It was definitely 'The Year of the Friend".

The year started out with an unexpected yet welcoming reconciliation. This reconciliation lead to a rekindling of a romance between friends. It's been so sweet watching two people Dustin and I care about so much fall in love. It's funny how things work out sometimes. How one message on Myspace back in 2005 can be a life changer for so many people.

There were a lot of firsts for us this year and most of them happened when we went up to Pittsburgh. We were fortunate enough to get to see a Steelers home game at HEINZ FIELD (something that had always been on Dustin's life list - CHECK!). A first for both of us. It was one of those memories that will stay with me forever. There really is nothing like a home game in Steeler Country. It was so fun to be back in Pittsburgh, especially in October. It was the first time I had ever been up north during the fall. The first time I got to witness the beautiful changing of leaves. We also got to hang out with the Buds for the first time. Internet friends turned real life friends. Oh and we got to meet Brent Johnson (former goaltender of the Penguins). No big deal. Basically, our trip to Pitt was the shit.

I am so happy for all of it. For the Food Truck Bazaar's we frequent (and especially The Yum Yum Cupcake Truck), the dinners out with my girlfriends after a hard day at work, for being able to make it to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter again, for the amazing farewell show Thrice put on and the nostalgic reunion show The Starting Line played, to all the fun activities the party planning committee put together at work, for all the sweat yoga and the gym has made me produce, voting in my 3rd presidential election, for every second of it.

There were rough times as is expected with every year but I'm thankful the good definitely outweighed the bad. Friends were there for comfort and I hope I was able to comfort them with their hard times as well.

I'm not sad the year is coming to an end. I'm just grateful more than anything. I think it's so cool that I can just click to a random archive date in this blog and instantly relive details of some of my favorite moments. That's what this blog is for me - a time machine.

Thank you friends. Truly. You made my 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.