Monday, October 28, 2013

Currently

Watching: This past weekend I watched one 'chick flick', a horror film, and two documentaries.

Magic Mike - Yes, I was THAT bored that I actually watched this awful movie because it is now on HBO. The story was boring. The acting was shit. And the guys were not even cute (unless Channing and Matthew are your thing. They are nice guys I'm sure but they are not my thing.) I do however love Joe Manganiello but did not love him in this movie. My girl, Olivia Munn was in it for all of 5 minutes but those were the best 5 minutes of the whole damn thing.

The Cabin In The Woods - Somehow Dustin talked me into watching this with him. I'm not a fan of horror/scary movies at all. I've of course seen all the horribly scary classics but I haven't seen anything in the scary category in years. Dustin tried to coax me into it by telling me Joss Whedon wrote it. And that helped. That movie was all kinds of crazy and I for one don't really want to remember any of it.

Love, Marilyn - This documentary about Marilyn Monroe has been on my HBO watchlist for awhile so I decided to finally watch it. I loved every second of it. I loved how today's actors read her words. I love that she kept journals. I actually found myself relating to her feelings more than I ever thought I could.

Americans In Bed - Basically, the whole premise is couples answering questions about their relationship from the comfort of their own bed. I really thought this whole thing was fascinating. Each couple was just so different.

Reading: Nothing currently. I did however finish Paper Towns AND even read another John Green book since my last currently post. On average, I've been finishing most books in a matter of days. And as soon as I'm done I search for my next page turner.

Excited about: SAVANNAH! This WEEKEND. Erin and I will finally make our way up to Savannah for the first time. She's the perfect friend to make this trip with for a lot of reasons, but I love how much we think alike in the planning department. We already have a full itinerary of hotel, food, & sights. Also, you know I'll be creating the perfect playlist for the drive. I've been obsessed with the 10 day forecast. Every day it's something new. I'm just hoping for clear skies and cool air. I've been planning on wearing my new boots and sweater for months! Fingers crossed!

Happy for: Soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Fiddy who got engaged this past weekend! We were already going up to Pittsburgh in March but now we might push it back a week so we can also attend their wedding. BUD PARTY!

Planning: All things holidays. I've already got a huge jump on Christmas shopping. Yeah, I'm annoying like that. Ha. I'm also continuing to brainstorm Christmas card ideas with Dustin. We have a few ideas but nothing solid yet. We'll try not to disappoint! SO. MUCH. PRESSURE.

Listening to: Kodaline - All I Want Part onePart Two
I have no idea how popular this song was/is. All I do know is that I heard it on a Vine a few days ago and fell in love with it (in only 6 seconds)! So I immediately downloaded it. The song is made even better than it already is by it's two part music videos. Same song, two videos - that tell a sweet little story. I totally teared up but whatever.

I especially love these few lines…

So you brought out the best of me, 
A part of me I'd never seen.
You took my soul and wiped it clean.
Our love was made for movie screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.