Dustin and I had plans to go grocery shopping when I got off work Friday but it was still raining so we decided to push it off until the morning. Since my crazy Friday night plans didn't work out I decided to make some new ones and went to get my hair cut instead. I had been needing a trim for awhile. But when I sat in the chair and the stylist asked how much I wanted him to cut I motioned with my hand right under my chin. One part of my brain said "That is way more than a trim!" and then the other part of my brain was all like "So what, let's just do it!". So I walked out with a pretty awesome (kind of drastic) haircut and some new clarifying shampoo. Dustin saw it and immediately said he loved it which is always a plus. It feels a million times lighter and healthier. It was so waxy (shampoo? hard water?) and the ends were way wispy. Now it's shiny and soft and bouncy! I love it!
SATURDAY:
Dustin and I went to our 9AM H&R Block appointment in an attempt to just get it over with as early as possible.We dread tax season because ever since we got married we have either had to pay or gotten so little back that I thought we were on some kind of prank show. It's absolutely the one shitty thing about getting hitched. No kids + not owning a home + not in school = WOMP WOMP. Whatever. It is what it is and at this point we at least know what to expect. We sat in the little cubicle with a nice lady who went over everything with us. And by the end of it I was just kind of staring off into the distance thinking of things we needed to buy at the grocery when she said "Oh it looks like you'll get double what you got last year" and I was suddenly jerked back to reality. Dustin and I both said "REALLY?!" in unison. I mean it still isn't a huge sum of money or anything but double is always better. And it's certainly the best return we've had since 2010. So we are. as Charlie Sheen would say, WINNING. We left in the middle of a tiny downpour and ran to my car, bare feet splashing in the cold puddles, smiling from ear to ear. We were wet but we were still winning.
We stopped by my favorite local sewing/fabric store so I could pick up more material and then swung by Publix. We were back home before noon. I felt super accomplished! The rest of the day was spent reading, napping, and watching the movie New Year's Eve which turned out to be much better than Valentine's Day.
SUNDAY:
I played Sims 3 until my eyes and head started to hurt. I do not recommend that. But it was kind of worth it because I had so much fun. Dustin made me take an Aleve and it helped so all was well.
We had our first Skype hang using Dustin's XboxOne with Fiddy, Nicole and Brady. I like it a lot better than FaceTime since you can just sit on your couch and look/talk at your TV. And because the TV screen is so much bigger than say your phone or computer it felt like their house was inside of our house which is pretty awesome since they live 1,000 miles away. Dustin and Brady had a "mask off". Brady showed us some of his sweet wrestling moves. And then we discussed their upcoming wedding. Dustin and I are really excited to be apart of it. I've always loved weddings. I'm a hopeless romantic through and through and it's always so fun watching two people express their love for one another and then celebrate that love in the form of a fun party. Plus, it's an excuse to buy new shoes. And a dress. We haven't seen them in real life since we were last up in Pittsburgh over a year ago! It's crazy to think that so much time has already gone by. But thankfully we will be able to have real life hangs soon enough. March can't come soon enough!
It was such a good weekend.
And now the countdown to the next one begins.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.