Thursday, February 20, 2014

Journal Day #1: Crossroads

Everyone has a time in their life they view as a crossroad. Sometimes you can see it as it's happening, and you're able to choose one way or another. Other times you may not realize you're there until you look back, and see what a turning point it really was. This week, write about a time you view as a marker in your life; a distinct place where things changed, for better or worse. via SometimesSweet


The word "crossroad" always reminds me of that Britney Spears movie and of course Bone Thugs N Harmony because I'm a 90s kid and that stuff just sticks. I've already gone off topic and I'm only one sentence in. Not a great start. The truth is I've been thinking about this topic all week. I had trouble pin pointing one crossroad to share. A flurry of images and memories flooded my mind that the task seemed kind of overwhelming.

Sure I could write about the people I've chosen to say goodbye to for one reason or another. I could write about all the job related decisions I've made. Or choosing where to live. Or quitting college. The thing is the last 10 years have felt like one giant crossroad with varying subject matter. While I'm stressing over one life changing decision another one pops up and demands my attention. Maybe that's what it means to be in your twenties. Or maybe that's just what it means to be a human being.

I'm so ready for a time (a long long stretch of time) where the most important decision I have to make is which flavor YumYum Cupcake to eat. I feel like I need a crossroad break. I'm an over thinker to begin with so when I've got something important on my plate it really stresses me out. I pick it apart in my brain like it's some kind of animal being dissected in a biology class. And quite frankly, it's exhausting.

I prefer a simple, even borderline boring life. I'm just not really built for major life changes although I know it's just part of the package. It's something I have to deal with one day at a time. One crossroad at a time. Because once the decision is made and I've decided which road to take, I feel a million times better. There's nothing like the relief and pride that comes after making a tough choice. And a cupcake sure doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.