Dustin and I binge watched the first four episodes of True Detective over the weekend. It's so good! But then again, I can't think of an HBO show that I've given a try and not liked. It's definitely not your run of the mill detective/crime show. I like that they don't wrap up the story at the end of each episode. It just feels like a long movie. It's dark and suspenseful but not scary which I'm thankful for. I do not do scary/horror/jump out of your skin shit.
Speaking of HBO shows, I've got to mention how much I loved the latest GIRLS episode where they went to a beach house. I felt like I could relate to so much but especially Marnie and her expectations for things, people, and events.
I have recently received two free iTunes gift cards thanks to Humana Vitality. And yes, I downloaded some music but I've also been renting movies - the ones I know Dustin isn't interested in watching with me. Last week I watched Don Jon one week night. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and ScarJo! I mean, COME ON. It was a little too Jersey Shore for me at first but as the story moves along the characters change and become much more likable. Also, I totally didn't see that ending coming but really happy with it. I also finally got to watch Austenland on Sunday (starring my girl Keri Russell). It was so cute with just the right amount of cheese ball. And again, I didn't see that ending coming! What is wrong with me?!
Listening to: Completely Not Me by Jenny Lewis. This is the song I was anxiously waiting to hit iTunes on the GIRLS Vol. 2 Soundtrack. And it has. And I've been loving it.
Reading: I finished Allegiant over the weekend. A major character died which is probably why so many people hated the third book but when this character died I didn't really feel anything. I still feel bad about not feeling more emotional about it. I loved the character in the first book but as the series went on I started to less and less. Overall I was happy with the entire series though. However I will say, not since Harry Potter have I read a series that gets BETTER with each book. It's a bummer!
Now I've moved on to A Really Awesome Mess by Trish Cook because it was suggested to me on my Kindle. I'm already 33% done so clearly I'm hating it - HA. There has already been a Harry Potter reference so needless to say it's awesome.
Excited about: Some really good Target finds. I bought a new pair of flats and a shirt today for $20 TOTAL. That's including tax and since I used my RedCard I got free shipping. I'm still ecstatic! I love shopping like all girls but I don't splurge very often. I feel like a lot of stuff is over priced and so I wait for it to go on sale and snatch it up or I wait too long and it disappears. But it's just so nice when it works out in my favor like today! Woo!
Thinking about: Names. A friend of mine recently changed her last name because she's a married woman now but she also opted to change her middle name while she was at it. I think this is such a cool thing to do. I'm pretty attached to my middle name but if I weren't I would have totally considered doing the same thing. Now, I have no idea what I would have gone with but I love the idea of picking something that you feel suits you better than whatever name your parents gave you when you were only minutes old. I remember playing a "game" in summer camp when I was 12 where we went around the room telling each girl the name we thought she looked like. All I remember is someone thought I looked like a Claire which made me immediately roll my eyes. CLAIRE?!
Thinking about: Names. A friend of mine recently changed her last name because she's a married woman now but she also opted to change her middle name while she was at it. I think this is such a cool thing to do. I'm pretty attached to my middle name but if I weren't I would have totally considered doing the same thing. Now, I have no idea what I would have gone with but I love the idea of picking something that you feel suits you better than whatever name your parents gave you when you were only minutes old. I remember playing a "game" in summer camp when I was 12 where we went around the room telling each girl the name we thought she looked like. All I remember is someone thought I looked like a Claire which made me immediately roll my eyes. CLAIRE?!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.