Solo Yoga
I had it in my head for most of the week that I was going to go to yoga on Saturday morning. No excuses! I have been going on and off for years but almost always with a buddy next to me in downward facing dog - 98% of the time that buddy was Erin. I have been by myself before but this time was just different. It was a rainy morning. The kind of mornings that are perfect for staying in bed and reading or snuggling. But I got up anyway. I wasn't about to talk myself out of going because of rain. Or because I was going alone. Or for any other stupid reason. And after eating some breakfast and putting on my stretchiest of yoga pants I actually did have enough time to read a little before heading out. I got there a little early so I sat on the bench outside in my raincoat watching the cars go by, the sounds of tires splashing in puddles filling my ears. I thought about playing around on my phone but decided I rather look up. I said a few hellos to others waiting for the class to begin but mostly I sat in silence just observing my surroundings. Once inside, I didn't go to
Fancy Pants
I went with Dustin to Men's Wearhouse so he could get fitted for his groomsmen suit. I was surprised by how busy it was but luckily we didn't have to wait long. One of the employees asked Dustin some questions, took his measurements and had him try on the world's shiniest shoe. He went ahead and paid and then we'll pick it up when we get to Pittsburgh. I was surprised it was such an easy process. For our own wedding, the guys just wore black dress shirts, khaki pants and purple ties, so we didn't really know what to expect with getting a rental. He'll be in a full on jacket, vest, tie, and the world's shiniest shoes. I've got to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing him all fancy. I don't think he's ever even seen himself that fancy before. I feel extra pressure to match (or at least not clash) with what he'll be wearing. He's going to look like a stud and I certainly don't want to look like a dud. Ha! I already bought shoes that should fit right in with their mint color scheme. I just needed a dress. I looked in the mall and even tried on a couple things but they all left me feeling ehhh. So I went home and searched online for hours. I was a tad obsessive about it. Trying to find the right color dress to match minty/sage shoes under $50 with good reviews was hard work. I finally went with a vintage style black dress from ModCloth. It is simple yet classy, with thick fabric (it will probably be cold still), what seems like a flattering fit and it was in my budget (plus free shipping/returns). I'm really anxious for it to arrive so I can make sure it fits. I love/hate buying things online because you just never know. ModCloth customer service is top notch so even if it ends up not working out I can return it and figure something else out. Fingers crossed!
Entertainment
I watched two movies over the weekend. Dustin and I watched Ender's Game together and we both loved it. I wanted to read the book first but just never got around to it. Oh well. It was just such an interesting story/concept. It would have been nice to compare the book and the movie but I'm just going to assume that since the movie was so great the book was probably better. I also finally watched The Butler. This one I was a little disappointed by but I can't exactly put my finger on why. Maybe it was because I learned that almost everything about the real butler and the movie butler was different. I hate when movies are "inspired by true events" but hardly anything is true. I also would have liked more scenes at The White House and more scenes with the various presidents. That was the whole reason I wanted to watch the movie in the first place - to see the behind the scenes of that world. I feel like it focused too much on other characters when I was mostly interested in what it was actually like to be a butler in The White House.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.