I never had a nightstand growing up. That IS true. My room(s) at both my mom's and dad's were way too small for so much furniture. BUT my room at my grandparent's house always had a nightstand which I thought was so fancy. Well, fast forward to when Dustin and I moved in together back in 2006. We had little to no furniture so we bought the basics ourselves and the rest was just pretty much our family's old shit furniture. It was fine. We were just glad to be on our own. But as time goes on you do start to care more and more about the things in your home. And very slowly we started buying things we loved or at least liked a little more. I remember one day years later picking up the cheapest of cheap ($10/ea) of Ikea tables (that we used as nightstands) to replace the old shit ones. I liked their simplicity but I hated that they lacked storage. They weren't perfect but they were the best we could do. Since then I have looked for the perfect nightstands. Usually the ones I like are $100+ EACH which I think is too much therefore I refuse to pay it. Then I recently came across this beaut...
Well the real story is I couldn't decide between the above and this DIY option. In the end I went with the one that would be less work. And for $100 TOTAL, they were a steal. Dustin and I got to Ikea right when they opened, got our nightstands, and we were home putting them together by lunch. He did 99.9% of the work but I helped by holding pieces together while he hammered or screwed or cussed. They didn't really give us too hard a time and before we know it we had real nightstands! AHH! Freak out! Dustin wasn't as excited. Sure, he liked them but it's not like he really cares about nightstands. I'm kind of glad he's so laid back about that kind of stuff. I don't think I'd be able to be in a relationship with someone who had a passion for nightstands. Ha! But I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to put my new lamp on it and my new moon coaster. We've had them for a few weeks now and I LOVE them. Or at least mine. The really funny part though is now that I have all this storage I don't know what to do with it. The top drawer has two books in it and a pen. And the second drawer has this lone candle. I'm sure I'll fill it up in time but right now I'm just enjoying how pleasing they are to the eye.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.