Dustin and I both got the new iPhone 6 last Friday. We've had the 5 for two years and were eligible for an upgrade so we went for it. And since we sold both of our old phones to one of those websites it didn't really cost us much! Win win!
I was warned by AT&T that I would lose ALL voicemails once I made the switch so I went on Google to see how I could save them. I have some seriously hilarious and sweet voicemails and some go back years so I didn't want to lose them. If I'm nothing else, I'm sentimental. I found a few options. The first being super simple with the download of an app. Except the app. was like $15. Um no. So then plan B was to buy an auxiliary chord. Dustin and I went to Target to look for one and when I found it he tells me "Oh, I have one of those".
My reaction: -_____-
I had asked him if he had one because I could have sworn he used one when he records his drums to his iMac. Yep, he totally does. So we left Target laughing. I followed the instructions but I couldn't get my damn voicemails on my computer even with the aux. So, I ended up recording them the super ghetto way aka playing them on speaker and recording the audio via Quicktime. The sound quality isn't as bad as you'd think! I just don't get how we can practically do everything with our phones. I mean, we can save photos, videos, texts, emails, etc. but we can't just click save on a voicemail? Just dumb.
So after going through 20 voicemails I finally transferred everything over to the iPhone 6.
SQUEAL!
Curved screen - Scrolling through Instagram has never been so pretty!
Health app - They have a section for a medical ID where you can list your allergies, medication, and emergency contact! Pedometer! It helps you keep track of nutrition, fitness, sleep, etc. Pretty neat!
Photos - Self timer!
Videos - Um, there's slomo now people. Slooooow moooooootion! And time lapse!
Siri is now Sirzam - I never use Siri but now that "she" can tell me what song is playing we just might become friends.
Finger print - I find it so awesome that I can now unlock my phone or buy an app/song with just the touch of my fingerprint. I never had the 5S so this is a whole new thing for me.
Audio Message - I love that you can record something real quick and send it as a text. So fun!
Battery life - Duh! Any new phone has a better battery but it's still so nice.
Sound - The speakers are noticeably louder!
And everything else that I've always loved. Apple FOR LIFE.
I'm an Apple lover but I will admit when I don't like something or if I think they got something wrong. Because they certainly are not in any way perfect. Awesome? Yes. Perfect? No.
GROAN.
Physical Size - Dustin thinks it's great but I still think it's too big. I thought the 5 was the perfect size.
GB - I think they should do away with 16 GB and start out all phones with 32 GB but it's not a huge deal. I don't have a ton of apps like I used to and unlike most people I transfer my photos/video to my computer/flickr/vimeo. Also, Dustin and I have unlimited data so it doesn't effect us like it does others.
No new emojis - At first I thought there were new emojis but nope. It was an illusion since the phone is bigger, the emojis weren't in their usual place. I think it's safe to say we're ready to retire 80% of the old ones and bring on some that are way cooler. Like a dinosaur. Or a narwhal. And maybe a wand.
Power button - They moved the button from the top to the side which isn't really a dislike but it's annoying. I'm still not used to it.
My biggest complaint with the iPhone 6 is the iPhone 6 case issue. I bought THIS case from Society 6. It's a pretty cool design and seems durable but it's not real solid wood. I've just grown accustomed to real wood. As soon as I can find one I like and won't break the bank I'll be switching out my case. But the one I have will do for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.