We spent Christmas Eve with Cody and Kaelin. We all ate pizza and watched Home Alone. We talked and told each other funny story after funny story. And of course we exchanged gifts. Dustin got a lovely Steelers travel mug and I got the biggest mug I've ever seen along with a candle. Good job guys! It was such a fun night with those two!
We got to Gainesville Christmas morning around 10AM. Dustin greeted everyone with a surprise interesting choice in wardrobe and a Whitman's sampler. This isn't meant to be funny to anyone but the Pipkin side of the family. He got lots of laughs so I'd say it was a win.
We ate breakfast (orange juice, orange muffin, orange roll) while everyone told Dustin and I about their crazy Christmas Eve night. There was the Shaggy Christmas music that everyone couldn't stop laughing at and the '90 Day Fiancee' marathon. (Thankfully the marathon has been on all weekend so I've been able to catch up. Ha!) Pretty eventful!
Then my mom started talking about her distaste (I"m being kind by using that word) for Mariah Carey. I can't remember what brought it on but it was hilarious hearing her talk about how much she doesn't like her. That of course launched Hayley into singing the horrible 'Touch My Body" which has been in my head for days (thanks a lot). THEN Grey took it up a notch with this gem.
We moved into the living room to open presents! YAY! Dustin got a TMNT Chia Pet which we are currently trying to grow. Hayley got a snazzy bird house and Grey received a pretty large Chewbacca. I wasn't sure what to get him so Dustin took it into his own hands and picked out Chewy (with satchel and all). Aunt Sarah and Uncle Paul gave both Dustin and I a Squish shower speaker which we've used every day since. I also got the prettiest black and white scarf from Hayley. Yes, breaking up all those purple scarves I have! One of my favorite gifts that I gave this holiday season were some Home Videos on DVDs. I gave one to my mom, my aunt, and Hayley. I put the old VHS tapes on DVDs years ago but it wasn't until recently I put the footage on my computer to edit. I'm happy they were so happy! We were going to watch them on Christmas but we had DVD player issues and no one had their laptop so we ended up only watching the Throwback Christmas compilation video I had on my vimeo (see below). We were all dying laughing the whole time.
We ate out on the back porch. We had a lovely brunch of ham, quiche, mac and cheese, muffins, biscuits and fruit. It was perfect! After we were all stuffed we headed outside. The weather had cooled off and made for such a beautiful day. While we were all in the backyard a bunny ran out of a bush and of course Holly and Huckleberry went racing after it. The bunny ran straight into the fence (aw/lol) but then was able to escape through a hole further down.
We all decided to go for a walk in the woods behind their house. I always keep my rubber rain boots in my car and this was the perfect opportunity to use them. It was pretty wet in parts so I didn't have to ruin my nice boots. High five! I remember going back there with Hayley and Grey back in high school but I don't think I've ventured back since then. It was so much fun though. I felt like I was 12 again. Just walking to walk. Exploring. Enjoying. My mom and aunt came along and we had a nice little family nature walk.
Dustin and I headed back to Orlando with a car full of fun stuff, good food, and happy hearts.
Christmas 2014 was pretty damn good.
We ate out on the back porch. We had a lovely brunch of ham, quiche, mac and cheese, muffins, biscuits and fruit. It was perfect! After we were all stuffed we headed outside. The weather had cooled off and made for such a beautiful day. While we were all in the backyard a bunny ran out of a bush and of course Holly and Huckleberry went racing after it. The bunny ran straight into the fence (aw/lol) but then was able to escape through a hole further down.
We all decided to go for a walk in the woods behind their house. I always keep my rubber rain boots in my car and this was the perfect opportunity to use them. It was pretty wet in parts so I didn't have to ruin my nice boots. High five! I remember going back there with Hayley and Grey back in high school but I don't think I've ventured back since then. It was so much fun though. I felt like I was 12 again. Just walking to walk. Exploring. Enjoying. My mom and aunt came along and we had a nice little family nature walk.
Dustin and I headed back to Orlando with a car full of fun stuff, good food, and happy hearts.
Christmas 2014 was pretty damn good.






























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.